Monday 13 April 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April - Challenge #1 Pinteresting Times

Welcome, welcome and here I am - a day late which seems to be the story of my life at the moment.

There are a few reasons why I'm late but I won't bore you with the details as it sounds like I'm making excuses! Let's just put it down to these crazy days we are all experiencing at the moment.

Challenge #1 Pinteresting Times

Master Forger Clair challenged us to take inspiration from her gorgeous Pinterest board for today's challenge and it was such a difficult task to pick just one! It reminded me that I also have so many fabulous creative ideas pinned on my own boards that I really have to remember to go over there more often. There were times in the past when I would lose hours down the rabbit holes of all the ideas there ....

Anyway, after quite some time um'ing and ah'ing over all the layouts I picked a particularly lovely, simple layout by Marcy Penny. I love her style which is of course, almost the opposite of my own style and wondered how I could interpret this into a "Lisa" design.

Found on Pinterest here
I stretched the design to my preferred 12x12 format and printed my photo somewhat larger than the original and came up with a layout that I really quite like!


Yes, it's a bit simpler than my usual style and I think that the tag would have benefited from being a little larger but to be honest, I don't think I want to add anything else to this.

I picked a topic that didn't really need a lot of journalling as it really is just a reminder to myself after celebrating my dad's milestone birthday this weekend with my sister - virtually, via a three-way video meeting and realising that this photo is the last one I have of just the three of us - now almost 19 years ago!


My kit provided me with a lovely mix of softer and bolder colours and patterns which I really enjoyed mixing. Love how that turned out.


I added some extra stitching, a sprinkle of ink, a scatter of enamel dots and a small title but really, the rest is fairly true to the original design - same but different.


I've been on rather a creative hiatus these last weeks - focussing on getting through days at home and keeping a regular routine seems to have pushed my scrappy mojo out of the way - so I was happy to be pushed into making this page. It felt good to stretch my creative muscles and I love my kit so maybe I can get a bit more productive this week.

Don't forget that the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is here throughout the month with inspiration and challenges to make and use the products in your stash that you love! Check out the blog to find out more! Start with the kit reveal posts each month (see April 1st's post here) to get that initial inspiration and then continue through the month for ideas and tips for how to pull your supplies together and get them used up on pages and projects!

Wishing you all a very happy Easter Monday.

Stay safe. Stay healthy.

2 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of this layout! Your layers are gorgeous. Love the stitching on it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout you've chosen is lovely, and a great source of inspiration. I'm sorry that I can't see the rest of your photos - they seem to be replaced with a grey circle, but I will keep popping back :).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...