Tuesday 18 October 2022

October 2022 - Challenge #2 - Go Big or Go Home!

 It's challenge time over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and MF Leslie has asked us to "Go Big or Go Home!" 

I'm there for it!

As you know, I'm ALWAYS late making my layouts and this month was no exception. However, it worked to my advantage as I took a gorgeous photo while walking the dog at lunchtime yesterday and just knew that I wanted to scrap it as soon as possible.

Printing it extra large (A4) gave me the chance to really let it shine and do most of the work on the page.

I used my very precious CratePaper hearts design paper as a full background (with the tiniest of cardstock margin around the edge) and then trimmed out the scallop b-side from the manufacturer strip to add a little interest down the side.

Looking into my kit, I realised that there are not many embellishments which I might need to think about for the next page I make but the frames I'd included were a nice addition and a perfect landing spot for a couple of gems and a label. 

Some matching gems at the top of the page are the only other embellishments I felt the page needed.

The top of the photo seemed like the right placing for the title and my very minimal journalling. Job done!

I don't scrap as much as I used to these days and it feels a bit more of an effort that it did in the past, but pages like this make me happy.

It feels a little "old school" with the Maggie Holmes and the slightly grungy colours - and I like it! It doesn't mean that I want all my pages to look like this, but I think it fits the photo and the way I wanted the page to feel.

There are some other takes on this challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge so don't forget to check them out and share your own pages over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge FB community here or on IG where you can find and tag us (@counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2022)

And of course:-

DON'T FORGET THE GIVEAWAY!  

Counterfeit Kit Challenge is offering one of our community members an opportunity to win their choice of an October or November Cherry Box! Post your kit & projects in the Counterfeit Kit Facebook Community Every post & comment will give you an entry. Winner will be announced on the November 2nd Just the Gist of It post!


1 comment:

  1. Fab layout -- I need to remember to print more oversized photos, which I can do at home. So I have no excuse.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...