Saturday 16 January 2016

16 loves {January 2016}

Welcome to the next in the series {16 loves} for 2016.

For the last few years, I've been sharing my loves each month - a little bit of everything that has caught my eye or been enjoyed over the last month. So, a new year and new inspiration and I hope you'
ll come back each month to see if there is anything in my list for you too.  

To see what I've loved in the past, click to find all my {13 loves}, my {14 loves}, my {15 loves} and my {16 loves}.


I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.



one

Last month I posted about how excited we all were to meet "Peach". Well, just one day later, she arrived. Of course I dropped everything to go over to the UK to meet her and instantly fell in love.


two

Couldn't resist just one more photo of my beautiful niece. 


three

I'm so excited to see Shimelle's latest collection for American Crafts, Starshine. Such a beautiful colour palette and with all those stars, constellations and globes, this is one for me. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Shimelle's Starshine

four

This layout particularly caught my eye as a super way of making a highlight page about a journey.

Found on Pinterest but uses elements from The Lily Pad's In Review collection here 

five

Originally found on Pinterest, the link to Etsy doesn't appear to be working but these would be so fabulous to include in pocket pages, directly on 12x12's or even tucked inside cards. On my list to give them a try.



six

While this may not exactly be something that is inspiring me this month, I feel the need to recognise the loss of my musical hero, David Bowie. His music has accompanied me my whole life and I feel bereft. This is one of the last few official photos of him and I feel my {16 loves} wouldn't be complete without it. 

DavidBowie.com

seven

Continuing my hero worship theme, this version of Under Pressure by David Bowie and Freddie Mercury is one of the coolest things I've heard in a long time. Spine tingling, goose-bump inducing, hair raising, awesomeness. 


Under Pressure here

eight

I bought this album on the day of its release, 8th Jan, which was also David Bowie's birthday. It is fabulous and poignant. A bittersweet love for sure.


Backstair by David Bowie 2016

nine

Love the cosy look to this and the colour scheme. Still working on ideas round here.

Found here 

ten

The highlight of my Christmas holiday might just have been the 24 hours we spent at the Dutch coast at Noordwijk an Zee. Fresh sea air and a walk along the beach was just what I needed. 


eleven

I'm particularly in love with this gold washi tape. The glitter doesn't come off, it sticks nicely and is a great shade of gold. I got it at Scrapabilly.de!

Available at the Scrapabilly shop here

twelve

Exciting news to share! I made the Creative Team over at Simple Scrapper where I've been a member for several years and love everything that Jennifer Wilson does to offer her community an creative, encouraging, simple approach to recording our memories with pretty paper and embellishments.

Such an inspirational group of ladies over there and I'm simply (pun intended) thrilled to be included.

Find out more about the Simple Scrapper membership here

thirteen

I also made the new and expanded Scrapabilly Design Team! Another fabulously talented team of creatives over here in Germany and I'm so excited to start working with them.  

Creating for Sylvia since 2013 has been such a wonderful experience and her shop is simply an amazing treasure so I'm overjoyed to continue that relationship as well as getting every scrappy product I could possibly need from her shop

Go shopping at Scrapabilly here

fourteen


I found this on Pinterest and just love it - stars, constellations and a globe - strike. This card uses Stamping' Up products but I'm sure it would work just as well with other products. However, I'm very much in love with this card regardless!

Steffi Helmschrott at Stempelweise

fifteen

This young man is my amazing nephew who just turned 13. Wow! Where did the time go? I love him so much. So proud of the wonderful young man he's grown, and is still growing, into.


sixteen

I have no idea where I saved this quote from but it says it all. Me and tea. Sacred. Full stop.






Thanks for getting this far - 16 is a lot to get through but I'm going to see how it works with such a long list. I'm happy to be back with this though and hope there was something here to brighten up your January day.


Ilove you to share your own {16 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


{16 loves} is a series that will feature on my blog each 16th of the month

6 comments:

  1. Peach is indeed very beautiful ... And that's a great photo of David Bowie too. Many congratulations on making it onto the Design Teams - that is going to keep you busy! Loved the tea statement ... And determined only to make good cups of tea hereafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely list, Lisa. Congrats on the design teams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your idea, this makes me want to do the same.

    Huge congratulations on the design teams and on your gorgeous niece xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your sweet little niece and the design teams! What a lovely list - especially loved that layout and the sequin pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WM#185 shaker box elements - check! So inspired with those above. That grey & pink lounge is yummy, too. Glad you are continuing the "Loves" :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew that you would be crushing on the new Shimelle collection! Still loving your 'loves' collections and the little sneaks that they allow into your life outside of scrapbooking x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...