Tuesday 26 January 2016

Simple Scrapper January 2016 #1

It's so wonderful to be able to share my first layout for the Simple Scrapper Creative Team using the January 2016 Story Starter #7 - "Capture the story of a time when you felt completely alive" (story starters and templates/sketches are available at Simple Scrapper as part of the community membership - find out more here)

My experience of stepping out at the Top of the Rock and seeing the lights of New York twinkling below sprung to mind and I knew that would be my starting point.


I might have mentioned before that I have put together a small huge kit of supplies to record my New York stories including the Dear Lizzy Serendipity and Amy Tangerine Stitched collections along with a whole array of embellishments that seem to fit. So it was easy to find the products I wanted to use. I might have hoarded more than a couple of sheets of this star paper too which seemed the obvious choice for a night-time layout.


Keeping it simple with the gold letters, stars and geotag because the papers and photos are gorgeous enough.




I don't often print my journalling these days but there was quite a lot to say here once I got thinking and I wanted to fit it on a small journalling card which picked up some of the pink elements found elsewhere on the page including the pinkish hue that the Rockefeller Center seems to have developed on my photograph.

Starting with the story and then finding photos and product to support it is something I haven't done for a long time and I look forward to working with the story starters every month as part of my Creative Team contributions. It took me back years where I would often write up journalling in my free time so that I had something to work on when I found the chance to scrap. I love that burst of new found inspiration that trying something new (or retrying something old) gives me.

To find out more about the resources available to inspire you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment environment, check out the Simple Scrapper premium membership go here.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful layout - the is the perfect accent color. Love the star paper and the moon phases peeking out from your photo. I've been to the top of the Rock in the daytime - your photos of it at night make me determined to see it then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Lisa, all your choices are spot-on. And I think the typed journal block fits in well with the city vibe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...