Friday 22 January 2016

Scrapabilly January 2016 kit shares (part 2)

I shared my first two layouts here using the Scrapabilly January kit which features elements from the BasicGrey Typeset collection as well as a bunch of embellishments which perfectly complement the main items. Here's a reminder of what the kit looks like!


As soon as I saw the paper with the sewing elements, I knew that I wanted to make a layout about one of my dresses from way back when. When I saw this bright, happy design I knew it would be perfect. We'd all been out for the Birmingham gala premiere of the James Bond film (Licence to Kill I think) and during the dinner after the film showing, I'd won that magnum of champagne! We had such a lot of fun and giggles and got to dress up in party dresses. I loved being able to wear one of my own designs and I was so young! Ah, the good old days.


The little scallop edge here was cut from the manufacturers strip at the bottom of each sheet of paper - I like to make sure I use all the scraps!




The sequins in the kit came in a lovely clear plastic bag which I used to future a selection of my own sequins in colours to match my party dress - yellow, red and blue. (see sequins at Scrapabilly here)


Last one for today features my adorable nephew. I took this photo of the two of us just before Christmas and knew I wanted to use it. I picked out all the neutral elements from the kit and was surprised just how much there was. The camera and grey design paper, the grey woodgrain cardstock, the paper bag, the doily, some stickers, the washi, sequins and of course the Thickers. I added in some silver mist and looped up some silver thread to bring in a hint of sparkle and then decided to use the next most neutral element in the kit - the mint green b-side - for some journaling pages to tuck into the bag. I've written some words to this lovely young man about my feeling for him as I watch him grow.


I love how neutral and masculine this layout turned out using this kit which at first glance gives the impression of being full of colour. This is one of my favourite techniques when using a kit - it really stretches my creativity to see how far from the original I can go and what combinations I can make.




Come back on Monday for my last layout using this kit and featuring my One Little Word. I'm looking forward to sharing.

How do you like to challenge yourself when using a kit?

4 comments:

  1. Your dress looks amazing. And that's the perfect pairing of paper and photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sian...it's like that paper was made for that dress. I really like that second layout; it's so completely unexpected given the photo of the kit but it's also completely lovely. Sweet photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, perfect paper. I like both of these layouts a lot. Looking forward to your OLW reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your doily creates a circle window like a camera lens effect. Can't quite explain what I mean, plus am looking at it on my phone so the smaller view may be enhancing the effect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...