Friday 29 January 2016

Simple Scrapper January 2016 #2

Here is the second of my contributions for the Simple Scrapper Creative Team in January using a sketch (#281 from the Simple Scrapper membership community here) and a November story starter from 2011. 


The original sketch was a double page spread with 7 photos 2.5x4". I cut out the middle three photos which brought it down to a single page and made the photos 2x2 so that I could fit double the amount of prints into the same space. The story starter was "When November tools around, it's time to..." which was perfect for a round up layout covering all the highlights of my birthday month.


I used my Counterfeit Kit Challenge November kit "Remembrance" and picked out soft tones to add a neutral backdrop to my busier pictures.


I could imagine making more layouts like this to summarise a whole month - a sort of Project Life without the pockets!


Adding some stitching, mist, silver thread and staples provided some extra detail and texture to what appears to be a relatively simple layout.

I love it!


To find out more about the resources available to inspire you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment environment, check out the Simple Scrapper premium membership go here.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a great way to give an overview of the month. I like all the stitching over the letters - I need to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the stitching (which I always adore) the very neutral background lets the photos do the talking. Yet all that texture! Such a rich layout. The idea of one layout a month, could revive at least a few old scrappers that have found themselves "too busy" to scrap.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...