Wednesday 6 January 2016

Scrapabilly December kit shares (part 1)

I'm late again.....

I sound like Alice's White Rabbit. But then we did have Christmas and New Year to contend with over the last few weeks...

Excuses I know but here I am to share what I made with the stunning December Scrapabilly kit featuring Pebbles DIY Home collection - which I loved so much that Sylvia gave me the complete 12x12 paper pad for my birthday! I love it.

Here's the kit for you delectation...


It features double sided papers, one design paper featuring gold foil (SO scrummy), a whole pack of die cuts, a sheet of washi tape paper AND a sheet of stickers from the DIY Home collection along with cork Thickers, and matching cardstock. 

I only needed to add in a small gold alpha sheet by Pinkfresh Studio (in shop here), a little gold doily and a little mist for the two layouts I'm going to share today. Oh yes, and I couldn't resist adding in a pink ombre sheet of paper with gold stripes as an extra from the collection - I think I'm going to need another one!

My first layout features the most fabulous birthday present I received from my adorable friend Lynnette. She saw the perfect bracelet featuring star signs and knew I would love it, which I did. Then she realised I'm Scorpio and not Sagittarius so sent me both. What she didn't realise at the time was just how perfect that would end up being because now I have my sun sign (Scorpio) as well as my ascendant (Sagittarius)! Perfect in every way. This girl is such a great present giver. This is now the second page I've made featuring her gifts.

The paper was so pretty that I knew it was ideal for a soft, feminine background to my simple photo.


I particularly love the gold details on the die cuts like this adorable frame and the flowers.


The Pinkfresh Studio gold letters are the right shade of gold to look as if they were made for this collection and the gold doily just added a little something for detail.



I used the chevron paper for my journalling and by using a gold pen, it doesn't look too obvious or detract from the rest of the page.



With Lynnette as my subject, I was on a roll and decided to match up some paper-filled frames from the die-cut pack with two cute photos of us as we said goodbye at the airport when she came to visit me in Germany in the summer. There's that gorgeous ombré paper in the background - I placed the frames so that you could still see all the fabulousness of it!






Come back tomorrow for the remaining layouts I've made with the kit and don't forget that all the design team creations can be found at the Scrapabilly gallery here and go here to secure your own kit - it's so gorgeous, how could you resist?

4 comments:

  1. That collection looks like it was made to go with the bracelet photo - just perfect! I also like the clever way your journaled in the chevron with the gold pen. I never think to try a metallic when a black ink is just too dark. Cute photos of the two of you in your second layout too. And you're right about that beautiful pink ombre stripe - I am hoarding my one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you needed more of this collection...the papers are gorgeous! They go so perfectly with your photos as well. I love the way you fit the journaling into the chevrons on the first page. TFS! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lynette is a fabulous friend, isn't she? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to share MY scrappy BFF with you. As already stated, this collection is really perfect for these photos. I love how the cork letters are bold but somehow blend as a "gold" with wonderful texture. That ombre is gor-geous...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...