Sunday 9 May 2010

LOAD update

Day 9 and so far, all is going well with the Layout A Day challenge.

Want to see?

I'm trying to get a few stories told that have been hanging around for some time, trying out some new "styles", trying to use up some of the photos that I have printed out and done nothing with so far, trying to be creative. Or maybe that should just read "trying".

May 3rd


May 4th 


May 5th


May 6th 


May 7th


May 8th


May 9th




Learning points so far? Well...

  1. I need to improve the photography of my completed layouts
  2. I love the Mr Campy Cosmo Cricket range - I might need to buy more!
  3. I love having years' worth of printed out photos in holding binders which I can just browse and pick out photos that speak to me at that moment. This is thanks to my incomplete Library of Memories Stacy Julian system. It still needs work, but it is already proving worthwhile.
  4. I still love pink!
  5. I use border punches ALL the time
  6. I need to make layouts every day until I die if I have any chance of working through my PP collection
  7. Even if I am trying to do a really simple full of whitespace layout, I seem to fill it up. Bits and pieces and journalling. Simple does not come easily to me
  8. When searching through my stash for these bits and pieces, it's scary how many items are years old. I mentally give myself a million points if I use anything that is really old. May 5th uses some really old (2007) HS stuff and that negative style frame must be older than that. It felt good to use it. 
  9. I adore all my Thickers alphabets - I neeeeeed more
  10. I love using the same photos again and again telling a different story each time. Maybe I should get over this...

2 comments:

  1. That's a great week's worth of scrapping - congrats. And I'm in the same boat as you on points 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO's.I don't know how you get so much detail in them doing one a day.Love the way you split the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...