Sunday 22 April 2012

Going mini

This is the first of two posts today as I'm posting as part of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini-challenge #2 and then there will be another post as part of Danielle's Earth Day blog hop. So make sure you check out both the posts but I'll be keeping this one a bit shorter.

Mini-challenge #2 is to use mini photos or mini elements on our projects - anything 3"x2" or under. 

This was fun for me because I use 3x2 all the time so I decided to make mine even smaller and took them down to 2 1/4" x 1 1/2". That way I knew I'd be able to fit 12 on a page without it feeling too full. 12 sounds like a lot of photos but I wanted to get back on the wagon of scrapping my 12on12 photos. I've been taking the photos but not scrapping the pages and now is the time.

I thought that using the April kit for my April photos would be a lot of fun and have decided to change up the design for the new year and was inspired by my good online LOAD/BPC etc friend Cathy to scatter the photos across the page. I think hers must have been even smaller though as she managed to make her pages look far less cluttered than mine. I love these bright colours which seem perfect for spring and to have found a way to use this very busy paper.



And then because I was on a roll and I'd already printed out the March photos, I pulled out the leftovers of my March kit and made another page. Success!



Now all I have to do is work backwards through the months until I reach where I left off back at the end of last summer. All the photos are there, ready and waiting. Oh yes, and funny story... I appear to have made my 12on12 for June 2011 TWICE!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Lisa. I like that the pages are based on the same concept, but they sure turned out to have two distinct looks. Love that top paper, BG Urban Prairie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pages, great way to use big print types of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I've done that before - duplicated a layout - more than once! Lovely take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love these pages! The floral/lace embellie on the second one is gorgeous - I shall be stealing that look! lol I love the idea of 12 on 12, not sure that I would be organised enough to do it though :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are AWESOME!! I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous - great, great pages with so much to enjoy on top of the fabby mini-pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...