Friday 22 June 2012

Getting messy

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini-challenge #2 is up and if you like getting messy, then this one is right up your street.

It's all about paint this time around and if you are anything like me, you get it everywhere! Many a time have I found a big blob of (usually pink, let's face it) paint right at the end of my nose, or in my hair, after playing with colour while scrapbooking. So that's where the messy comes in!

I had included a rich coral paint and crackle medium in my kit and just added in some cream to make my painted element work for me and my page.

I often forget to use paint, and I really like the end result so I need to try to use it more often. What is really sad is that many of my paints are so neglected they are really dried up already :-(

Anyway, I picked out one of the coloured cardstocks, determined to get through them, and layered up papers and fussy cut items along with some of the other little embellishments from my kit to form a place for my wonderful vintage photo of my Granny, her sister and a friend at the beach. I need to check the details of the photo as I think there's more story than I can remember, but I think this classic 1930s photo is so wonderful that I was happy to see it on paper.



I dry brushed the cream paint around the edge of the cardstock and then a little on the paper and background - just to give it some texture and to calm down the blue a little.

I then found a small chipboard element and used the coral paint with a thick layer of crackle medium and a top coat of cream which cracked really well. I have a lot of small chipboard that doesn't get used so often so I really need to remember this simple technique to give it a new lease of life.

I'm a little slow with my kit this month (this is layout #2 only) but I'm enjoying seeing how different elements can be combined to work in different ways.

Don't forget to join in the fun over at the Counterfeit blog and to share your painted elements.

10 comments:

  1. love this its so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout, Lisa. You have framed that vintage photo wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The photo is a stunner and those girls set it off to perfection. I've just come from Snaps and Snippets - you both need to crack the paints out more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is gorgeous!!! What an awesome photo. I saw this product and wasn't too sure about it, but you can always take something I'm on the fence about and turn it into the most amazing creation. So well done Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how your paint worked to distress around the edge of the paper, such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous page. I like the children elements to the left. They remind me of Milly Molly Mandy books or Bunty comics from when I was younger. Anyone else remember those? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Lisa!!!! Your crackle embellishment is awesome, and the beachy feel is perfect!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE this!! A beautiful vintage page with a modern twist :0) The crackle worked a treat...and those little girls are gorgeous...I'm with scrappyjen, they do look like Milly Molly Mandy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to laugh when I read what you said about some of your paints being dried up - the first three bottles I opened for this challenge were dried up and I had to throw them out. You did a great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, here's a challenge for you... use your acrylic paints to stamp on your layouts...LOL
    I laughed when I read how in the end you get the paint on your nose..
    As for your page - it's so beautiful! I love the vintage look, with the subtle colors. wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...