Thursday 1 May 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit reveal blog hop


Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit reveal blog hop.

Hopefully, you’ve arrived here via Lesley’s blog and have seen her wonderful kit creation – she never fails to delight. If you’ve landed here direct, then you might want to head back to the start of the blog hop at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog (here) so that you don’t miss any of the fun today.

This month's inspiration kit/s are courtesy of Paper Camelia and there are three to choose from.

The main kit (here):


 The add-on kit (here)


And the Every Day Life add-on kit (here)


I really liked the strong designs on the papers, the map elements, the yellows and softer tones and generally the mix of items, although I quickly realised that there were only a few items from the kits in my stash. I actually only have the BasicGrey Spice Market letters and the Studio Calico wood effect enamels. So, once again, I decided to go with the basic designs on the papers along with the feel of the kit and the general colours, although mine turned out much more red and far less pink - yes, surprising I know! And rather than concentrating on one of the three options, I looked at them all as a whole and just sort of combined elements and designs.


I picked out large spots, stripes, chevrons and map papers as well as a sheet of gold foil which really brings my collection of items up to date. I've included My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper, Cosmo Cricket, Studio Calico, Echo Park and Simple Stories. Some of these are really old!



Then I matched up the types of embellishments such as the enamels (Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye), veneers (Studio Calico), paper clips (Prima, Habitat), flairs (2 Peas), die cuts (Pink Paisley, Crate Paper, BasicGrey), cameras and arrows, and some pockets by Simple Stories




I also tried to match up the Every Day Life kit by adding in some 3x4 and 6x4 cards by My Mind's Eye as well as throwing in some extra little die cuts by BasicGrey's Hipster where the colours seemed to match.


A few final items such as a few washi tapes (MT, October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye, Theresa Collins), label stickers (Jillibean Soup), sticker die cuts (My Mind's Eye), some travel themed brads (Simple Stories) and Thickers.


Even though there's only a few travel themed items, Direction seemed to be a good choice for a name and as always, I reserve the right to add in whatever takes my fancy as the month goes on :-) Cardstock, mists and additional die-cuts (if I get my Silhouette out) are considered free items.

Of course, all the papers I've selected are double sided, so there's always a lot more color combinations in my kits than first meets the eye so I think it will prove very versatile.


I currently have this as well as 5 unfinished kits on my shelf. Watch this space through May as LOAD kicks off - I expect that at least three of these will be killed as we get scrapping every day :-)

Thanks for dropping by. Make sure you leave me a comment to let me know you were here and what you’ll be doing for (Inter)National Scrapbook Day this coming weekend. We hope you’ll be joining in on our fun - there's a whole weekend full of inspiration, challenges and prizes.




Next on the hop is Leslie and her blue box is bound to be full of wonder, and here is the full blog hop list in case you get lost along the way.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.de
Lisa H.:  http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ You are here

18 comments:

  1. Wow! I was thinking "wow what a lot of kit" then read further - it didn't click that you'll be using it for LOAD even though I've just been reading the prompt!!
    All those embellies, love them and I bet you'll be adding to them this month too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if my comment went through.. but I'll try again.... Love your kit... could easily play with it.....
    and I need to get off this computer and start mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually have that Paper Camellia kit so I have loved seeing how you made it your own. I'll be looking out to see how you use it too. I like how you have softened it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your selection of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adore what you have done with your kit. It's both bright and cozy. LOAD Lurker that I am, I will be watching for your posts. Good luck on killing those kits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing kit! Love all the bits and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your kit! Thanks for the thoughts on Basic Grey-Hipster pad I have that one and I think it'll be a good one to use too. 5 kits-sweet! I still have 2 of mine handy for LOAD too. Thinking it's gonna be a heavy paper month. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kit looks awesome Lisa. I have been fascinated with this Counterfit Kit idea. Have no time for it right now but I see some counterfit kits in my future:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely kit..looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG is it LOAD time again already?! Just as well that you have another mega kit - especially one as lovely as this! Great embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I love love the kit and your embellishments have me drooling! Have to find some of your enamel dots and die-cuts to put in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your papers look wonderful and there are some yummy embellishments there. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe we have a few matching items in our kits Lisa! Great minds think alike :) Also, I am in love with those rolls of washi. Feel free to send 'em my way once you're done with them for the month ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so looking forward to seeing a few kits killed this month over at LOAD! Another beauty from my favorite kit maker :~)

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely gorgeous, I want to come and play.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning kit! It looks packed with goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one amazing kit! I love the mix of bold, bright colours and patterns that you've included - especially the red!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That kit is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...