Sunday 28 December 2014

14 loves {September 2014}

Welcome to the next in the series {14 loves} for 2014 based on the original concept by my beloved friend, Pam, back in January 2013. I enjoyed sharing my loves so much through the year that I decided I needed to continue through 2014. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. You can find previous posts  {here}

I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.

So, a late, late, late posting for a chaotic September - four months late to be honest! But I did promise to get it up before the year was up so here it is! There wasn't much time for window shopping whether in real shops or virtual and certainly not much time for pinning or doing much of anything other than packing, schlepping, unpacking and fighting against the chaos. But there were a few highlights... let's see if I can manage 14!

one

One of the last mornings driving to work from our old home. The mist on the fields is one of the things I miss. Views like this make/made me happy.


two

I fell in love with this layout and this vellum paper as soon as I saw it on my Pinterest feed. I still love it and try as I might to track down this paper on this side of the ocean, it was not to be :-(
I started new lessons at an old, familiar, friendly building over in Dortmund and was happy to be welcomed back into the "fold" by lovely, new students.


four

There wasn't much time for scrapping or sharing over the late summer but the Scrapabilly September kit (now sold out unfortunately) featuring We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer papers was a joy to work with amongst the chaos. This is a favourite layout I made with the kit featuring one of my "stolen" Instagram photos of my darling niece.


five

The next photos show a bit of an evolution of the first few days of our move - I was so inspired by the new life we were beginning #newhomenewlife

First up, the keys to our new home. 


six

What would, in time, become my scrapbook haven.


seven

The very first night. Candles, music, and just being there.


eight

There might even have been champagne involved!


nine

The new neighbourhood.


ten

Our view over the "park".


eleven

The new city skyline.


twelve

I wish I could achieve something as stylish and calming as this pin. The colours are beautiful and the room would certainly make me happy. But there's nowhere for my scrap stash!

Of course, there was a little shopping at Scrapabilly along the way, stocking up on the gold twine and doily vellum that is a must in my stash. I think I must have bought 6 rolls of this twine so far and as soon as the gold doilies start getting used up, I simply must buy more.


fourteen

And just because this pin spoke out to me. 



Id love you to share your own {14 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying your new surroundings and I hope 2015 brings better times - that pin is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...