Saturday 15 August 2015

15 loves {August 2015}

Welcome to the next in the series {15 loves} for 2015 based on the original concept by my beloved friend, Pam, back in January 2013. I shared my loves (mostly late) all through 2013 & 2014 and now it's time to see if I can continue the series through 2015. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. You can see all my {13 loves} {here}, my {14 loves} {here} and now all my {15 loves} {here}

I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.



one

Still on the flamingo trend, I found a beautiful set of free printables on Pinterest. I was wondering whether I should print my three favourites (including this one) and get them framed to hang in my room until the next trend comes along!

Find these and other printable here

two

And another trend is of course pineapples. I thought this little stamp was quite cute but I bet my super creative friend, Pam, could whip one of these up in a matter of minutes. I'm wondering if I should give it a try or just buy one...

TalktotheSun etsy shop here

three

The main highlight of the month was a visit to Germany by the ever delightful Lynette! She came over here on her way through to Poland and stopped for three days. We had an amazing time together and chatted and giggled our way through two countries and a very full itinerary.

Here we are on the first day in Amsterdam taking a canal trip. This girl is so sweet. Loved having her here.


four

While we were in Amsterdam, we we around the Royal Palace which I hadn't done before. I fell in love with the main hall with globes, maps, constellations, star signs and even a magnificent statue of Atlas holding up the globe on the wall. Just beautiful. But spotting this on the floor made my day for sure. 



five

On day two, we just had to stop in at Sylvia's wonderful shop, Scrapabilly, to introduce Lynnette to the joys of having an incredible LSS within easy driving distance. I know I'm spoilt in more ways than one and it was great to see my two scrappy friends chatting away. This hobby breaks down language barriers and connects people in a very special way. 


six

And then it was all over too soon and I had to take her back to the airport. We were so sad to say goodbye but really so happy to have had the chance to spend this quality time together! Until next time.


seven

So true! 

I have four beautiful, adorable, gorgeous nieces...


eight


Feeling a bit adventurous after my trip to London last month and my travels around with Lynnette, I spotted this bookbinding workshop by Paige Evans down in Munich. I'm also feeling a little uninspired with my scrapbooking recently and decided to really brave and do something I've never done before! 



nine

I'm always pinning. This is gorgeous. One to lift in the future!

Malane at Studio Calico

ten

There was a long summer break for our weekly crops at the Scrapabilly shop and we all missed it! So on the first night we were all together again, there had to be Sekt (sparkling wine) and ice-cream on the cards to inspire our paper snipping.


eleven

Gorgeous. 

Pinterest source here

twelve

We also had a short weekend break to the beautiful German port town of Hamburg. Our hotel was a former water tower and funky inside and out!

Mövenpick hotel - Hamburg

thirteen

On the first evening, we discovered a fabulous fish restaurant just around the corner from our hotel. It was just want we wanted - good food, cold champagne and a great atmosphere.

Jellyfish - Hamburg

fourteen


Hamburg Rathaus (Town Hall) is stunning and this time around (I've visited the city once before), I made sure to catch a guided tour around the official rooms. It was worth the wait.


fifteen

To be honest, the main reason we were in the city were a pair of tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera. A stunning performance and a wonderful weekend.





Ilove you to share your own {15 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see Amsterdam. And Germany, actually, come to mention it! I did some German at school, but I've never been to Germany. If I had a scrapbook shop within travelling distance, it would definitely appear on my 15 loves list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh 15 lovely picks here - especially the ones of the friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures of you and Lynnette. Wine AND ice cream at a crop - I'd love to join those but it's a long commute from Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so much to comment on! I'm very jealous of your adventures (I need a few more of those!) and I'm curious to see how the book binding class influences your scrapbooking. Can't believe that you're feeling uninspired - it never shows - you make such beautiful layouts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna come back!!! Still catching my breath from our whirlwind and then the trip to visit with my sister. I still need to sort photos and eventually scrap! Your list is always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...