Saturday 8 August 2015

Scrapabilly August kit shares (part 2)

Glad to see you back for part 2 of my August Scrapabilly shares. You can find the first blog post here and just as a reminder, here's the kit full of the October Afternoon Summertime collection.


Layout number four was the first one I started making with all the fussy cutting of the clouds and light chains. I think I was following a sketch but I'm not sure anymore! All the same, I like the design and putting everything heavy on the right is something I don't do so often.



Sometimes you just have to scrap a photo even if you don't have a particular reason to do so. This photos of my niece is exactly that. How could I not?




My final layout was inspired by a Pinterest Janna Werner find here even if it didn't turn out anything like the original. I added an iPhone Chrome filter to all the photos to make them even brighter and sunnier than the originals so that the yellow butterflies and background elements wouldn't overshadow them.


I die cut the butterflies from the foam using my Big Shot adding some stitching for detail.





And then I made up four simple cards using left over elements and some fussy cut items.



Well, I had to save the flamingo from the cut apart card didn't I?!?



The envelope will be useful for a birthday voucher or gift card.





Again, there's a whole gallery to check out with the Design Team creations over at Scrapabilly so why not take a look. And don't forget you can pick up your own kit there too.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Lisa, all of them … but that last one is just WOW. Love the bold pops of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just so talented and creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on fire, creatively. That first page is especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you - sometimes you just have to scrap a photo because you like it! Love how those strands of lights tie the photo to the page. The second layout is so vibrant and that line of pennants is very cute. Adorable cards too - love the flamingos but can never think of a way to use them. I'll have to try them on some cards for a fun little touch.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...