Friday 1 July 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal blog hop

Can you believe that it's July already and that half the year is already over! Stop the clocks - I need to slow down time everything!

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal blog hop.

Hopefully you've arrived here from Leslie's blog and her amazing blue box which is no doubt full of delights. Next up is Lynnette and her incredible staging so make sure you go there after this. And of course, don't forget to say hello to Gretchen, our Guest Designer this month :-)

Susanne picked out this month's kit and she decided to inspire us with the Scrapbook and Cards Today  Crop & Create Delivered Kit:  Heat Wave from Summer 2015.  You can find the full details of the kit there along with a reveal video and some sneak project peeks too, and here’s another page with sketches, links to layout videos and cut files. 



I was inspired by all that summer happiness and created a fresh kit full of sun kissed patterns and colours even though it's a lot more toned down that the original. Here's Scooped!


I've still managed to follow my "rules" for 2016's kits but I did add one extra sheet in here. I concentrated on the wordy papers, the large florals, the black and white, as well as some gold foil (instead of the confetti design) spots, a cloud pattern and just for fun, I added in the ice-cream paper that had the colours and feel I was going for based on the original SCT kit.


I added in loads of alphas this time as I tend to find that I start adding those in as soon as I begin using the kit. Many of these are very bare on vowels so we'll see how I get on. A mix of large, medium and small is always necessary. Two tags here match the original kit.


Brightly coloured enamel dots, mini bows, a ribbon and a twill, some stamps and a few leftover summer die cuts were all added into the mix.


Again, following my rules as well as the inspiration kit, I added in a handful of summery pocket journaling cards and a few pins. Then I threw in some coarse glitter that Susan kindly sent me and a selection of washi tapes. These are not brilliant quality to be honest but they were very cheap so I'm giving them a go. If they don't work for me, I'll donate them directly. But I liked the colours and patterns so it's worth it to try them out.

I also tracked down a bow pattern that Julie sent me last Christmas (or was it the Christmas before!) to have a go at for the Forgeries on the Fourth. It's unlikely I'll get them done in time for that blog post but I'll be sure to share when I do. I see some pinwheels in my future as well!




That's it. I think the kits are getting bigger again - considerably bigger than my January kit I think. But the mix of patterns, colours and elements will make this work for me, I'm sure. No doubt, I'll be adding things in too as I go along!
Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you're inspired to create your own summery kit. We'd love to see you over on our Link-Up page. Watch out for upcoming Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog posts with yet more inspiration to use up your supplies and why not join in on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge member blog hop on the 24th? Details can be found at the end of each Counterfeit blog post about how to join in. The more the merrier!

11 comments:

  1. I'm loving the more mellow colours in your kit Lisa and although I can't see any "Lisa" bling I'm sure I will on the layouts themselves. A bigger kit indeed, will you smash it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...now this kit has me totally wanting to head over to the ice cream shop across the way from your place. I think I can smell the waffles, too! Sigh! Those ice cream pocket cards are so sweet. What a fun kit that is playful, yet sophisticated. Sounds just like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kit and the soft sherbet-y colors- that ice cream paper is just perfect for summer! Love your big, beautiful kits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plenty to play with Lisa - good luck with the alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at the ice cream cones, in fact, I might have to pull my sheet of that out and add it in. Yours is a delightfully light and airy version of the original - and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always learn so much from your posts about how you take the inspiration & make it your own. A beautiful rendition as always with such a lot of yummy extras tossed in (like coarse glitter - yes, please.) I guess you will have to do some ice cream research for photo ops, hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pastel twist you took with your kit this month - it has the summery feel of the original but not quite as hot as a midsummer's day. It's soothing and relaxing, like a cool drink in a comfy seat in the shade at the end of a busy day.
    I'm looking forward to seeing that large floral on a page. It's very pretty but I'm always stumped at using a bold print. You've added some lovely bit and pieces too - I'm sure you'll enjoy working with this beautiful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on the original kit. Very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kit, especially the funky view finder and ice cream cone paper! Have fun creating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! Your ice cream colours are mouth watering. I'll have a double scoop, please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I agree with you about the time, needs to slow down a bit just going by way to fast! Love the tone down version of the the kit and a cut addition of the ice cream cone paper :) I too added some gold to my kit with the embellishments :) Just needed a touch in there :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...