Monday 18 February 2019

February 2019 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Feathers

Great to have you here today for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge prompt #2 which calls for us to be inspired by feathers!

I had included a couple of die cut feathers in my kit but remembering the forgery feathers that I featured in the Forger on the Fourth post inspired me to make some more but this time from soft pink tissue paper. I knew this would be more difficult to use than the vellum I'd used before but it was worth a try.

I used one of the die cuts I had in my kit as a template to cut about 8 pink tissue feathers and then I used copper wire for the "spine" with a tiny amount of Glossy Accents.



After they had dried, I just cut the sides into the centre to give the feather effect. I have to say that if I had worked a little bit tidier and "cleaner" with the glue, these would have worked really well. But overall, I was happy with the result.



And then I just used all the feathers I'd made - except a couple which had torn a little - and the other feathers from my kit to make a full feather cluster on the side of my photo.


I kept the overall layout relatively simple with just a couple of layers, some matching tissue paper behind the photo and a few doilies fussy cut from on one the kit papers to complement the feathers.



I know the photos are almost the same but I really wanted to use them both as a lovely reminder of my day with all three of my youngest nieces! The title refers to the "bump" nicknames that my sister gave to each of them.

To be honest, the layout was a little rushed and I think it might need a little tweaking here and there - especially around the cluster but maybe I'll live with it a while and see what it needs for me to be happy with it. Let's see how it works! However, photos on a layout less than a week after they were taken is a success in my book!

Check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see what the other Master Forgers have done with this challenge and make sure you share! We love it when you share your own makes!

You can join in via:





2 comments:

  1. Lisa: the feathers look really glam and add a delightful bit of whimsy to your special time-captured photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. Your layout looks super.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...