Friday 1 February 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge February 2019 kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to February and to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge February kit reveal blog hop.

Hopefully, you've reached me from Leslie's inspirational blog  and next up is the wonderful Laura over on Instagram here. As always, their kits will be sure to please. In fact, I don't know why I write this every month because ALL the kits the team makes are wonderful. Each. And. Every. Month! :-)

This month, follower Kim Ferguson is our Guest Designer and we are very happy to have her with us. Make sure you head over to her Facebook page here to check out her kit and keep up with her makes throughout the month. You can find all the creativity throughout the month on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog as well as the Counterfeit Kit Challenge community over on Facebook.

This month Master Forger Julene is supporting Australian manufacturer Kaisercraft by offering us their Anthology collection for our inspiration kit. A wonderfully vintage feel mix of botanicals, butterflies, woodgrain and collage patterns with shades of brown, mint, teal and a hint of yellow. You can see the full range over on the Kaisercraft website here.



I know mine doesn't look much like the original but the inspiration is definitely there! Let's have a look at it first. Here's Vintage.


I started off by identifying the patterns and colours in the original collection. I came up with these lists:

  • birds, keys, feathers, butterflies, flora & botanicals, spots, stripes, grid, letters, woodgrain, map, collage, distressed
  • brown, cream, gold-yellow, eggshell blue, teal, mint, forest green, black, grey, beige
To me, it has an "old school" feel and reminded me of Prima, Rusty Pickle, BasicGrey, Graphic45 or Making Memories. And I knew that I had lots of this sort of paper in my organiser that often gets ignored! It holds all my older papers and doesn't get dipped into very often. So I decided to go back to the roots and fish out a whole bunch of papers that seemed to match my inspiration lists.

I know this is a huge amount of paper but I know that they are going to be a little more difficult to use than usual so it's good to have a lot of choices!

Here are my papers and there are some of my absolute favourites from the time. They may not exactly match my style these days but they are still appealing in their own way. 





I decided that I would add in a lot of washi because I forget to use them!


And then I matched my lists and threw in plenty of bits and pieces that will make for some interesting combinations.


I know that I will need to add in some more items as I go along and have not included alphas so those will be added in as and when I need them.


I think I will aim to make a large set of cards to refill my supplies and reduce my expectations of how many layouts I can come up with to around 3 or 4. It's a LOAD month so I need to have products which I'm totally inspired by and I know this set will need a little more thought so let's see how it works for me!

Here's the full blog hop list:


Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer Kim Ferguson: Kim on Facebook


And as always, we love it when you share with us so don't be shy and connect as much as you can! 

You can join in via:

6 comments:

  1. Nice kit just love the colors 😀 its nice doing some old school I dug out some old paper too. Have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit(also a large one) looks very comprehensive with all the interesting bits. Those washi tapes will come in handy I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit, love the soft pinks and greens. Have .fun scrapping.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "lite" vintage kit. In fact, it is my favorite kit this month, that is, until I can see what I can pull together. Enjoy, I know you'll be scrapping lots in February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa. How much fun to dig into the "old school" stash. Can we look forward to some "old school Lisa" with magnificent clusters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa: Your copy-cat "Vintage" kit for February has brighter colors than the inspiration but the design motifs are there!!! "Vintage" looks like it will offer you limitless possibilities for making cards or layouts! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...