Tuesday 12 March 2019

March 2019 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Frame It Up!

Over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge today, I'm challenging everyone to "Frame it Up!".

Our inspiration kit included several different frames - in the embellishment pack as well as a frame patterned paper - so I thought it would be a good idea to get those frames used up on our pages.

I love using them but often forget that I have so many of them hanging around in my stash so this was a great chance for me to include a handful in my kit and then actually use them up!

I wanted to find a way to use the in the design of the page itself rather than just as an embellishment and realised that I had one larger Crate Paper fabric item as well as two matching smaller ones which got my brain working. Originally, I thought I'd fill all three with my journalling and then realised that the larger one was perfect to highlight my main photo - you really head to this point of the page first which is exactly what I wanted.

The two smaller ones were then perfect to fill with printed journalling which looks neat and includes more than I could have hand written.

My remaining two photos were matted to give them some dimension and help them fill the spaces better.


I'd fussy cut out the banner along the top already and realised that it would be the perfect backdrop for some additional die cut elements to help with the dimension and adds some extra whimsy. The banner also forms an additional frame to the page.


Layered up butterflies have foam dots underneath their wings to really lift the wings and add texture to the busy border.


I added all the elements of my grid onto some layered papers to really make it pop. I love how I used some really bright and eye-catching papers but the overall feeling of the page is more muted and soft.


I filled the last space on the grid with a longer title so that there was no trapped or empty space. It all worked out perfectly even though it looks nothing like I thought it would when I first started looking for photos!


You can find other examples of framed elements over at the CKC blog this morning so make sure you check those out too. And don't forget to go back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge again on 18th for our second challenge. :-) 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us!  

You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community
or share them on Instagram 
(we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and you can tag us using 
#counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2019).

2 comments:

  1. Lisa: FAB layout for this challenge! Your use of framed products plus creating a luscious full top border/frame edge are fantastic! Setting up your framed photo & journaling spots and matted photos in a grid formation also creates a 'framed' section to the layout design! Brilliant ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that top border. Such a sweet page.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...