Monday 1 April 2019

April 2019 Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal blog hop

It's 1st April and that's no joke!

Hopefully, you're here for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge March blog hop kit reveal and I'm delighted to be choosing the kit again this month. It's going to be a good one!

No doubt you've reached me via the inspirational Leslie's blog (here), and next up is the delightful Lori (here), and I'm thrilled to welcome Debbie Stemper as Counterfeit Kit Challenge Guest Designer this month so make sure you head over to her blog (here) too.

I find myself returning to the same kit clubs over and over and this month was no exception. So it's not really much of a surprise that I picked out the Hip Kit Club March 2019 kit for our inspiration this time around, which features a wonderful combination of Crate Paper, Heidi Swapp and some Hip Kit Club exclusives. I hope you love it as much as I do.


You can find the link to the main kit here: https://www.hipkitclub.net/march-2019-main-kit

There are also some other kits available if you wanted to take inspiration from those and a great unboxing video if you want to get some more detail about the kit:


I've named my kit "Balconia" which isn't really a real word but is a phrase we use here in Germany for the time of year when we start spending all our time out on the balcony, enjoying the sunshine, pottering among our flower boxes and of course, eating Bratwurst from the BBQ and drinking cold beer! - "Life on Balconia"! I actually spend time on Balconia all year round, but it definitely intensifies at the end of March and the beginning of April when we replant the boxes and officially open BBQ season!


I know, I know! You're struggling to find where the inspiration kit is in among all the products in my kit but I promise I started with a list consisting of:
  • spots
  • hearts
  • florals
  • small patterns
  • circles
  • green
  • pink
  • black & white
  • mustard yellow
  • bright blue
  • green
  • summer & sunshine
  • clips
  • bows

And if you look closely, you'll find all of these except a lot of the bight green and the bows.

Here are my papers. I started with the large spot and hearts (bottom left), and the pink/blue Crate Paper design and floral (top left) and then added in the pie chart circles, the tiny spot and the black and white trailing leaves before finishing off with a couple more florals and the stripes which reminded me of the original kit.



It may not be exactly the same but the inspiration is there and I really think that this mix will give me some super variety!


I then added in some clips that I bought recently and the colours seemed to fit ...


... the stickers that feature floral and words, a colourful mix of enamel dots, a full pack of bright, happy die cuts ... 


...  and black alphas which match the original kit as well as some smaller letters because I love a good mix.



I also added in a few items that are quite a bit older because I've realised that I always stuff my kits with all sorts of scrummy new stuff and my older product is a little neglected. Some brad stickers, some labels and a handful of journalling spots and tags. Let's see if I'll find a way to bring them up to date.

Here's the full blog hop list in case you get lost along the way:


We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us!  
You can link up in different ways:



Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be here again tomorrow with some ideas 
to help you put together your kit!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely kit, the florals are scrumptious. Looking forward to seeing your projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a yummy kit. Those florals are stunning! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kit looks very much like spring. I adore those tassel thingeys. Enjoy Balconia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sophisticated take! I love the name & envy you your spring season. The birds here think it has arrived but it's early days yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing paper assortment that reflect the inspiration Hip Kit you selected to mirror this month! You've got lots of terrific bits and pieces to be cleverly creative with, too! And I love the coined term "Balconia"! For my husband and I were waiting for a tad consistent slightly warmer temps before we start enjoying "Deckia" or is "Decktonia" better?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You chose some beautiful floral papers, very reminiscent of the flower boxes you'll be delighting in soon. I very much enjoy seeing the embellishment portion of your kits - you always manage to include something lush and lovely, like those tassels, that perfectly tops off your kit!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...