Monday 1 July 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal and blog hop

Gulp! It's July and I find that quite shocking - it's the second half of the year and yet, I have no idea where the first half went!

But hopefully you're here for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal and blog hop and therefore, welcome.

You should have reached me from Julene's blog here - does she have a fabulously large kit? - and next up is Leslie here - did she delight you with her famous blue box? - but make sure you don't miss the whole hop (list at the end) and our wonderful Guest Designer, Kathy. We are thrilled to have her with us in July and she has been wowing us all with her creations so this will be a fun month.

Tina picked out the June 2019 kit from Clique Kits, Sweet Tea and I think you'll love it.

You can find all the details over at the Clique Kits site here


as well as a smaller kit here.


I was inspired by the larger kit and even though I'm not really managing a whole lot of scrapping right now, seem to have come up with quite a big selection. Maybe this will be the month I make more than two or three layouts.

Here's my kit, Mingle, named that way because I really mixed things up with old - almost vintage - and new products, designer collections and no name elements I've picked up recently, geometrics and softer, organic designs.


When I noted down the main elements I realised that the sheet of green diagonal paper reminded me of a paper that I was sure was in the Shimelle collection on my shelf.

I went searching and found this sheet - I think it's perfect.


And when I turned it over, I found strips of words which reminded me of the word paper in the original kit. Bonus!


From there, I went through my papers and picked out a couple more Shimelle papers in colours that seemed to fit the original including another word paper and a vellum speciality paper. I matched those up with a plaid, a woodgrain, a repeating design, some more geometric patterns and two sprig patterns from a no-name paper pad. That paper is THIN, like copy paper so let's see if I will actually use it. I'm a little unsure about it.




Then I added in a bunch of embellishments starting with a collection of doilies and a selection of flowers which were in the inspiration kit. The flowers felt very vintage and I rummaged through my small container and picked out a few different designs. I haven't used flowers for a long time and forget to use doilies even though I love them, so I hope this will inspire me to use them.



I fished out some older frames to include instead of the pink puffy frames in the original kit. I love using frames so I'm excited to get some used on pages. 



Two different simple Thickers, a small set of letter stickers, some random chipboard shapes (not so sure about the design of some of the sheet!), some gems and a couple of flair that caught my eye.


I'm missing some die-cuts which I've realised I'm very short of in my stash, and large word elements which I might cut on my Cameo. I've also noticed that certain paper designs are missing in my stash such as large florals, woodgrain and blues. Making a note - maybe I need to go shopping!

Thanks for dropping by. Here's the full blog hop list to keep you on track - make sure you stop at everyone's blog. Our kits are always so interesting and I love how we interpret the inspiration kit so differently.

Counterfeit Kit Challenges -  http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer - Kathy McElfresh (Scrappy Kathy) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qtVo7aBN2as-CGizhMb1A
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/


We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us!  
You can link up in different ways:

8 comments:

  1. That's a lovely kit Lisa. I especially like your range of flowers and those pearly dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mingled all those things quite nicely. I was immediately drawn to the little package of chipboard stickers - very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree a lovely kit :) Oh wasn't thinking to go to my Shimelle stash for the word paper! Super cute name and love that you mixed old stash with the new too :) Shopping hmmmm I think I may be doing the same this coming week, found out I have no vellum in full sheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect riff off the inspiration kit. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kit is a perfect riff off of the inspiration kit. Love it. Your photographs of it are really good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those word strips go beautifully with the green diamond paper above ... Hoping there'll be a little space for you this month for scrapping, with all these lovely kits to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely droolworthy! I love all of your embellishments. I, too, found a green paper in my stash that I thought worked perfectly from Basic Grey.

    June did fly by...I suspect July will as well so don't blink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may be a repeat if you are vetting your comments...
    I lost my original paragraph & tried again. 3rd time so I will simply say MARVELOUS, as always <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...