Friday 12 February 2021

February 2021 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - At the Heart of It!

Back today with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge February challenge #1:

At the Heart of It!

As this month's layout is called Herzstück, which could be translated as "at the heart of something", I decided to challenge us all to record something or someone who is at the heart of it all in some way, or even just to make sure that we use lots of hearts on our layout. I managed to do both!

I'm in the middle of LOAD221 at the moment and decided to make it a "28 Days of Mabel" so of course, the topic of today's layout just had to be our puppy and how she is most definitely in the heart of our little family.

My heart-filled kit was perfect for this layout and I just went for a bunch of layers and a generous sprinkle of flowers, stickers and tiny bits and pieces. You might notice that the green paper in the background is strategically placed so that you only see flowers and the leafy wreath design. In reality, it's covered in gorgeous birds but they just didn't fit the theme of any of my layouts so I had to be clever to make sure you could see the beautiful paper but not necessarily the detail of the design - I'm crafty like that 😉

This is a photo from Christmas (along with my internet shy husband) and one of the few where you could see us all and Mabel wasn't just a blur of wriggling or trying to lick one or both of us! Maybe I should have written about that too - or perhaps that's a story for another layout with another Christmas photo!

(I have no idea why all my photos are turning out so badly right now!
The background is a nice, bright white in reality!)
 

I had fun with the splats of ink and small embellishments. Sometimes I love just using up a bunch of small items in a sprinkled, spread out cluster. Gets those items off the plastic backing and onto pages which is what this is all about, isn't it? 

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog you'll find a whole bunch of layouts interpreting this prompt so make sure you check them all out. 


And if I've inspired you to make your own layout about someone or something at the heart of it, then make sure you share over in our Counterfeit Kit Challenge FB community here or over on Instagram here (@counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2021). We love to see what you do with your own kits 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...