Tuesday 1 June 2021

June 2021 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and hop

Wow, it's been a while. I know I say this a lot, but I really like blogging and rather miss it when I don't so while I'm not promising anything at all, I'd like to try harder to get back here more often.

But onto the reason I'm here today. It's the first of a new month and that means that it's Counterfeit Kit Challenge and we've got a scorcher today.

Hopefully you've reached me via Tracey's blog (here) and next up is Cindy (here) - you'll find the full hop list at the end of the post.

But you are definitely not going to want to miss any of the reveal this month - the kits are fantastic and we have a total celebrity as our Guest Designer! I'm having a bit of a fangirl moment to be honest as we are honoured to have the fabulous May Flaum with us in June! I think May was one of my first scrap crushes and I was definitely into everything she did right from the very start back in 2006. My memories are hazy but I'm sure I did at least one of her classes and checked out all her creativity back in the day when our time was filled with reading blogs and not a lot else. Am I right that she was a lead Fiskateer - I have my scissors in my hand every time I scrap and am proud #2058! Ah, in the days when things were a little simpler and it was easier to follow the inspiration. 

Anyway, I'm so thrilled to have her with us and hope that she will fall in love with our little corner of the world and want to hang out with us more!

On to this month's kit. MF Tara has given us a cracker - the August 2020 Cocoa Daisy kit, Backyard Blooms. It's gorgeous and I knew I was going to have fun with it. You can find out all about it over at the Cocoa Daisy site and there are variations too if the main kit isn't your thing.

Cocoa Daisy - August 2020 Backyard Blooms

Cocoa Daisy - August 2020 Backyard Blooms

I had a conversation with Tara and she mentioned it being red, yellow and blue and I think that's funny as I saw it in a completely different way as you can see below. But first, here's Rainbow and I'm in love!

My list consisted of pink, aqua, yellow, puffy stickers, enamel dots, tapes, words, die-cuts, vellum, watercolour and words. Then off I went and ticked those off one by one to produce a kit which is not exactly me but one I'm excited to cut into!

I started off picking out papers from Color Story which are new for me and I knew that they picked out the colours I had picked out in the original kit. From there, I selected some florals by Carta Bella to bring out the softer summer shades and themes, and then added in some watercolour effect papers to round it off.

The embellishments were easy. I went through my kist starting with the die-cuts, stickers and puffy word embellishments from the Color Story collection and then added in other embellishments to fit the list and match the colours. 

A handful of pretty vellums which might be used on cards rather than pages - let's see - and some black alphas that need using or losing. I'll add in mini-alphas as I need them.

Three washi tapes rounded off my kit and I think this is all perfect! What do you think?

Don't forget that you can find out all the info about the kit, links to our Instagram and Facebook community and what's going on for the whole month over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Start there and you'll be sorted!

Can't wait to spend this month with you all!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty and bright coloured papers Lisa and wonderful range of embellishments. You'll have fun this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome kit Lisa. Love the quilt paper and beautiful vellum.
    Have fun crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so funny that you thought of Vicki Boutin’s Color Study too! This kit completely reminded me of that new collection! Your kit is beautiful and vibrant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized how much I’ve missed your full kits! I am delighted to see such an exuberant, colorful, gorgeous mix of papers and products. Awaiting your creations with great anticipation! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous kit :) Nice mix of colors and embellishments and the perfect name too

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...