Friday 18 March 2022

March 2022 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #2 What Makes You Happy

 Welcome back for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge's 2nd inspiration challenge of the month and it's all about what makes us happy.

MF Tara was inspired by the "happy" paper in the original kit - the March 2020 "Weekender" kit by Citrus Twist - (find out more about that in my reveal post on 1st March here).

Now I know that you won't be surprised at the subject of my happy page - our sweet puppy Mabel. 

When I saw this photo of her with that glorious morning sun I knew how I wanted the page to look and was happy to see that I had plenty of softer shades in my kit that would work well for my sunburst design.

I stitched the sunburst elements as well as a sprinkle of paper dots and then tucked in flowers to the edges and under the photos to soften up some of the edges.

I decided to write my journalling in a dark grey so that it would appear a little softer. I was also a little cryptic in the writing as that day was a very sad anniversary but who can be sad on a day like that. Others might not even notice the reference and certainly the date doesn't mean anything to anyone else, but it's there for me. Slightly hidden and yet there in the open. I like that 😉

I finished off by adding a couple of small stamps and some tiny enamel hearts as well as the smaller title tucked into the corner.

I come back to this starburst design over and over - or at least a variotion of it - and each time, the page looks and feels totally different! 

What design does that for you? 

 Don't forget to share your kits and creations over in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge FB community here or over on IG  - @counterfeitkitchallenge / #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2022


And just in case you missed it on my other social media channels, I hope you'll take a listen to my guest appearance over on the Scrapbook Your Way podcast hosted by Simple Scrapper's Jennifer Wilson where I talk all things kits and Counterfeit Kit Challenge! It was an honour to be asked to talk about my passion of "counterfeiting" and I hope you find something to inspire you. 

https://www.simplescrapper.com/syw158



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...