Monday 28 May 2012

3-2-1 Go!

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini-challenge #3 is up and this time it's all about the numbers.
3
2
1

That would be to use 3 embellishments, 2 pieces of patterned paper and 1 photo.

And it's easier than it looks at first glance.

I have to admit that I had a bit of an advantage here because I'm in the middle of LOAD and every day this month has been challenging us to stretch our creativity and one of the days' prompts was also 3-2-1 so I'd had some practice :-) {here}

And even though I've made quite a few layouts from my May kit Whisper already, there seemed to be plenty of choice in there to make this a relatively fast process.

Completely out of order in my uploading of layouts but this is layout #8 from my May kit, Whispers




With my full, cluttered style the starting point to any challenge like this is to choose double sided papers which gives me 4 designs in effect. And this MME papers, with its ready printed clusters and extra details is also great as it provides embellishments there and then. I also reach for border punches to add extra elements and fussy-cut as much as possible. I "stole" a bit of the background paper from behind the photo and used that with the heart punch as well as the "Follow Your Heart" element from the manufacturer strip at the bottom of the paper. The only tiny bit of cheating I did, and not deliberately, was that small strip of green/white plaid there next to the Follow Your Heart banner. It's also from the manufacturer slip at the bottom of the paper but from another sheet and I didn't realise until I had glued it down :-( Oh well.

My three embellishments are the pearls, one of the pennants I made for the kit, and the washi tape. The photo speaks for itself!

Another thing I love about these MME papers is that there are usually some words included in the printed cluster and I like to try to incorporate those into my title, saving on letters while giving me a longer phrase.

Pretty papers, a cute photo and a few words. It doesn't get much better than that :-)

7 comments:

  1. Hhhmmm how many pearls???

    A gorgeous page Lisa - beautiful layering and great use of DS papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this is seriously impressive that you managed such a full and detailed page with those restrictions. Way to go making the most and best uses of the paper. I especially like what you did with the wood/doily paper. I had that in tomorrow's card kit and may have enough leftover to try something similar. Have I mentioned that I am seriously impressed with this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The way you used the woodgrain all around the page as accent pieces, the way you maximized the printed paper, all the other little pieces. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this layout. Does not look like a challenge layout at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great page and has inspired my page for this challenge thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You would never guess you followed the 3-2-1 formula. I had the hardest time with that one in LOAD. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great challenge and gorgeous LO, love the papers and the sprinkle of hearts, very pretty. Deb xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...