Saturday 5 May 2012

National Scrapbooking Day Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop

Hey!

Welcome to our Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop in honour of National Scrapbook Day! I'm delighted you've decided to drop by. Now if you've arrived here via the delectable Libeeti's blog, you are most certainly on the right track. And I suggest you just keep working your way through the hop.

But if you've arrived here direct, I think you should go back to the beginning to see what the other Counterfeit Forgers are up to today so that you don't miss out on any fun (and there *might* be prizes) - just sayin'!

We thought it would be a lot of fun to have a whole blog hop FULL of challenges - if that doesn't keep you busy all day long, I don't know what will! If you decide to join in the fun, just link up your project or blog post in the comments below each of the relevant posts so that we can come over and love you up a bit!

We've all chosen different challenges and you know how creative the girls are, don't you? Go on, what are you waiting for!

Anyway...

What did you think I was going to challenge you with??

My very first thought was this...

 which I pinned on Pinterest some time ago and let's face it, could be my life motto. I am seriously thinking about purchasing this from the beautiful etsy site it's featured on. Go on over there and check it out.

But I was thinking that maybe that was a bit TOO predictable.

So I got searching through my Pinterest colour board again and came up with this STUNNING color scheme from Design Seeds that just has my name all over it...



*Be still my beating heart*

And you know that I'm going to be creating a little mini kit just for this, don't you. So I dived into my stash and picked and mixed and mashed until I came up with just a few papers that seemed to match the colours I was looking for....


And then you also know I'm going to be mixing up the challenges and it IS LOAD month after all, so I've combined the colour challenge with the LOAD prompt for 4th May which was all about "Five Sense Friday - Hearing!"

I decided to record some of the sounds I can remember from the 7 years I spent at grammar school attending school assembly every day.




"The tap of teenage heels and the scrape of chair legs on the wooden floor. The rustle of hymn book pages. The whispers and giggles of friends. The rushed shuffle as everyone stood up. The pitter patter of Head Mistress's heels. The respectful silence before the ritual began. The mumble of shared prayers. The out of tune singing to the day's hymn of choice. And thirty minutes later, the unified sighs and chatter as assembly ended and our school day began."


Now, what can YOU do with this gorgeous colour scheme? I'd love to see.


Your next stop on the hop is Milissa and wait till you see what she got in store for you - you are going to love it.


Here's the full list in case you get lost:



Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ <---- you are here
Milissa: http://millermall.blogspot.com/  <---- go here next!


Don't forget to drop by again tomorrow for the May Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal blog hop! Two days, two blog hops. Now that's what I call double the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa - I don't do pink :o( .... except when it's HOT and combined with one of my fave colours like turquoise!!!

    Gorgeous page and a great idea for some scrappy journalling - very evocative - were we at school together then????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:53 am

    Love the colour scheme you chose and your mini kit - so pretty - as is your page of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome color combo, very stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning color combo and layout! I think those colors go perfectly together.
    It was a tough challenge for me last month to scrap with pink, with all my boyish photos, so your color challenge is sure a toughie one too...LOL
    I'll have to dig into my stash and see what I can find for this challenge...
    Thanks for the inspiration and for all your lovely comments you leave me on my blog :).
    Have a wonderful scrappy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you must have designed this one special for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my take on the color challenge. I love those colors! http://jbearshome.blogspot.com/2012/05/dry-erase-frame.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the whole thing using scraps! http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/60800-girl-s-night-in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a pretty color scheme. And great use of brads and pearls on your page - pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my take on your challenge:
    http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/2012/05/mom-second-round-lo.html
    I hope you'll like it :).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...