Sunday 6 May 2012

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit reveal blog hop

Hi there again - back so soon? Great to see you again!

So this is our second blog hop this weekend and if you've arrived here directly, you might want to go back to the beginning of the hop at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge site and work your way through all our posts. If you've arrived here via Libeeti then you are on the right way, so grab a cuppa and have a look at what we have to share with you today.

As you know, today is reveal day for our Counterfeit kits for May and I really hope that you love them as much as we do.

Our inspiration kits (yes, there were 5 to choose from) were from Studio Calico, City of Lights, Sorbonne,  Louvre, Versailles and Montmartre and they were gorgeous. Again, totally different to the kits we'd made up for April with the more muted colour palette. And who doesn't love Studio Calico?

I decided to combine two of the add-on kits, Louvre and Versailles and had a lot of fun mixing up my products to come up with my May "Whispers"


Louvre

Versailles




I only had one or two of the papers and just tried to match the feel, colours and patterns of the papers and then the embellishments were just mostly matched by item type as I didn't have anything that matched the kits. I would have loved to have used the flowery paper as well as the butterfly design from the original kits so you never know, I might track those down and add them in!


As ever, I reserve the right to add in whatever I choose during the month (!) such as inks, twines or buttons and I have put two Cricut cartridges out to try and encourage me to use them. And the inspiration kit I chose had the most delightful little envelopes by Martha Stewart so I'd like to have a go at making those even though I made up four using doilies as a starting point.


One of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog visitors commented today that she would like to know how we put the kits together just using a photo as inspiration so I thought I would take some photos of my process so that I can explain what I'm thinking about as I pull my products. I haven't got time to write this up tonight so watch this space over this coming week and I will put up a post for that. 


Thanks for dropping by and do leave me a comment to let me know you were here before moving on to the delightful Milissa for her reveal. 


Guest Designer: Leslie http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/ 

Libeeti  http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/
Lisa http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/   <--- you are here
Milissa http://millermall.blogspot.com/   <---- go here next



Can't wait to see which kit you decide to counterfeit and how your kits turn out.

17 comments:

  1. I love the soft feminine feel of your kit. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting my kit together each month, so it will be really interesting to see what your process is - I always find that interesting.

    Love the colours in your kit - as always, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whispers is the perfect name - it's beautiful & quiet & subtle & begging to tell some stories! Thanks for introducing me to this challenge - it has been another of those pivotal moments in my scrap journey :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy kit you made for yourself to play with!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely kit keeping in tune with the softness of Studio Calico's usual palette! It looks very romantic. Love the butterfly paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so lovely, all those soft neutrals together.....lshould be a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your kit! I love the subtle colors and all the embellies are simply gorgeous.
    You've cracked me with your saying about reserving the right to add whatever you want... LOL I think I'll follow this inspiration myself.
    I'm looking forward seeing what you'll make with this kit, and I would love if you give my challenge a try... I edited my post after reading your comment. I hope the addition will help.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I am loving your take on the kit, love that it has 'the feel' rather than a complete copy :0) looking forward to seeing what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely kit Lisa - I like the cafe au lait flavor to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopped by to peek and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the subtle colors and all the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous kit, I love all those doilies! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous kit Lisa - very "you"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you captured the feel of the inspiration kit very well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely kit, Lisa! Such soft, feminine colors! I'm anxious to see your post about how you select your kit. I love seeing how others think and create!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you through the CKC and I am hooked on your blog! I love your kit. And I would LOVE and look forward to your post on how you select your kit based on the picture of the inspiration kit. I've been lurking over at CKC for a while, and every month I say I'm going to join in the fun, but then when the inspiration kit is put up and I go to my stash, I get stumped and overwhelmed. And sadly, never get passed that stage. Please help, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soft, warm and beautiful! I am sure your pages will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...