Tuesday 15 May 2012

Counterfeit meets hats

Counterfeit mini-challenge #1 is up and this time around, we are asked to be inspired by a selection of the most gorgeous hats!

Do you love hats? I do. I wish we still lived in an age when hat wearing was normal for special occasions and not just something for weddings. I can't remember the last time I got to wear one. *sigh*

I looked through all the hats and chose this photo as the one I wanted to use for inspiration although any of them would have worked - each of the pictures had something so appealing to it.


I really liked the pearls, the vintage looking colours, the twisted layers and the soft look to all those flowers and fabrics.

Grabbing my May kit, Whispers, I took out cardstock and the tissue paper I'd included and then because I was tying this in with a LOAD prompt to use "trash" I took out my selection of Prima packaging that I've been collecting for some time and went to work with layers and distressing.


I decided to use the tissue (which incidentally comes from Starbucks so another "trash" find) to make a scrunched flower with pearls in the centre to mimic that wonderful creamy coffee hat there in the corner and while it looks nothing like the hat in the photo, I'm pleased with how it came out.




Which hat will you be inspired by? Don't forget to share.

12 comments:

  1. You've captured the softness and vintage feel perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, soft and pretty page Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So surprised that you didn't go for the obvious PINK hat LOL :-)
    This is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Like you, I wish we were a hat-wearing society a la "I Love Lucy." Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tissue flower - perfect accent for your soft pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BE AU TI FUL I love it the starbucks flower to all the packaging wonderfully put together in this LO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks wonderfully close to the picture! Love the repurposing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - great Starbucks flower and a fab page. I'm especially glad it was a LOAD page as that's one of the reasons I decided you'd be getting a "Liebster" Award on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and pleased you should be my friend, that flower is incredible!! A beautiful job......and a different take on a line of twine...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that flower, and your page is great. And I love that prima packaging, too. I have a couple of pieces waiting for a good project to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...