Thursday 7 May 2009

Blue skies

Sorry to have been a bit melodramatic yesterday. I was just feeling a bit down and melancholy.

I do appreciate that I have it easy in relation to many, many others out there who are really suffering right now.

Anyway, I decide to do a layout from that post (although it is totally coincidental that Cathy Z posted a layout directly created from a blog yesterday, it does have a certain Z influence to it!) and came up with this:
And today the skies are blue, the birds are singing, the sun is shining and spring is back again. You can actually feel that everyone is in a better mood. When I am feeling a bit low, all I have to do is raise my eyes upwards on a bright sunny day and I can feel better in a moment.

I have so much to be thankful and grateful for. I know this. I think about it every day and it is most definitely part of my attempt at becoming a more positive person and even this year's word, calm, fits into this too.

So I produced this. Love this photo so much, for so many reasons. It has a certain poignancy to it, even more right now.

I'm also really proud to be dipping into my scrap box a lot at the moment in an attempt to get through some of the mountains and mountains of stash that I have! I have been doing a lot of scrapping recently, but most of it can't be shared just yet. And I am bursting with ideas of topics to do pages on - just have to capture these and get them done rather than procrastinate like I do.

The weekend is nearly here - yipeee

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 pm

    two gorgeous layouts, loving the scarletts letter! glad you're feeling a bit happiern today. we seem to have accelerated the scrapping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling happier. And what a good idea to scrap it. You know, these blogs and scrapbooking must really help our mindsets. Beacause, as they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. And just writing or talking about anything helps make it clearer in our minds.
    Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...