I was blog hopping the other night and came across an entry from Gretchen S here about creating a playlist for 2010 and what her selections were. So, I popped over to her inspiration on Stephenie's blog here, where she posted about creating a playlist for life (here) and instantly fell in love with the idea!
An inspirational group of tracks that will make e smile every time I hear it and help me along in achieving my goals? Sounds pretty cool, huh?
To quote Stephenie "Pick your favorite inspiring songs, songs that make you smile, sing, and embrace life. You want songs that make you feel good – no lost love, sad, sappy stuff here. This is all about feeling good and being the leading man or woman of your own story with the kickin’ music to go with it…"
Go on, give it a go. You will be amazed at what you come up with from your collection of music.
I realised that there were one or two tracks missing from my collection which I would have added if I'd had them and which I have since added to my iTunes wishlist. But my 2 CD collection (couldn't get it down to less than 34 tracks!) is entirely chosen from what I have on my iTunes today. There are some golden oldies there picking up my love of the 80's music from when I was a teenager coupled with a few even older than that. And the one track that epitomises it all for me? It has to be Place Your Hands by Reef. It is my go-to feel-good song and it lifts me each and every time I hear it! There is a scrapbook layout there about that song and the reason for it, but that is for another time.
My Playlist for 2010
1. All Summer Long - Kid Rock
2. It's Oh So Quiet - Björk
3. Firestarter - The Prodigy
4. Happy - Leona Lewis
5. Evacuate the Danceﬂoor - Cascada
6. Place Your Hands - Reef ** track of the year
7. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
8. Your Song - Elton John
9. If a Song Could Get Me You - Marit Larsen
10. Feeling Good - Michael Bublé
11. The Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene
12. Wire to Wire - Razorlight
13. The Changingman - Paul Weller
14. You're The First, The Last, My Everything - Barry White
15. When Love Takes Over - David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland)
16. I'm Alive - Tom Jones
17. It Takes Two - Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston
18. Don't Cha - The Pussycat Dolls
19. Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas
20. Fashion - David Bowie
21. Bulletproof - La Roux
22. Hey Sexy Lady - Shaggy
23. The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script
24. 1, 2, 3, 4 - Plain White T's
25. (I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free/One - Lighthouse Family
26. Angel - Sarah McLachlan
27. Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
28. Sparrow - Laura Hughes
29. Monday, Monday - The Mamas And The Papas
30. Here I Come - Fergie
31. Planet Earth - Duran Duran
32. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
33. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
34. Feel - Robbie Williams
What's on your playlist?