Saturday 15 September 2012

Unloved and unused

How much stuff have you got in your scrap stash that is unloved and / or unused?

Well, in clearing out my scrap room, I have certainly cleared out PILES of stuff. Stuff that I loved when I first got it but somehow they have moved from loved to "neh". It felt good to move it along to a better home.

But part of the fun of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is that encouragement we get to pull out our older stuff and use it up! I try to combine new and old in my kits and it's always a great way to see just how much I still like (or not like) the neglected items in my stash.

So the CKC Challenge #1 about using up our "oldie but a goodie" is another perfect excuse to have a go to drag some stuff out and try it to see how much you still like it.

I used a piece of die cut paper that I bought lots of when it first came out and also a chipboard coaster which I covered with paper. I quite like the dimension it gives this element and makes the photo stand out - although that could be more linked to the bright (too bright?!?) paper I covered it with :-)





So, get your older stuff out and get creative.

6 comments:

  1. Saw this over at Counterfeit blog & HAD to come by & say how gorgeous it is...LOVE the colours [not too bright!] & that coaster idea is fab!!! The hearts are cute, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too bright with the washi & brad as counterpoints :~) Your counterfeit heart looks like the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you made the old stuff seem NEW!!!! Well done girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I like the coaster, too - I think it's the repeating circles that make it really fit in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous layout Lisa :) The colors are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Another stunner of a page full of beautiful, little details!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...