Tuesday 1 January 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge January kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to 2013!

Internet image (no original source found - sorry)


I've got my fingers crossed and have high hopes that this will be a good year. I've had a few rough ones recently ;-) so I think I've earned it!

So to all my blog readers, I wish you a most wonderful New Year and all the very best for all your dreams and wishes for the next 12 months.

It's the 1st of the month and this means a new routine round here. The Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal blog hop has now moved to today which means that you get no delay in all that kit inspiration. And we are kicking off the year with a new team full of some familiar faces (that would be me and a few others!) along with some talented new ones. So I really suggest you drop by every single one of us on the hop and check out all that new inspiration. There's a whole lot of scrumptiousness to soak up so don't miss out on any of it and if you've arrived here directly, I suggest you pop back to the Counterfeit blog (here) for the starting point. And if you've already been working through the list and are here via the very talented Libeeti, then don't run off to make your kit already. Stop a while and check out mine and the rest of the team. There's so much to share!

This month, we were given the most gorgeous after Christmas kit to forge - A Merry Winter December kit by Paper Issues over on Etsy. Yummy. I would have bought this kit if I'd seen it!

Such a lot of lovely colours and so many ways to use up the kit without it being ALL Christmas. I was really drawn to the pinks, the reds, the aquas and the sparkle.






I was sad to realise that I didn't have a single one of the Crate Christmas papers (now on my list!) so I had to start from the basics and build up from there.

First let me present my January fresh start 2013 kit, Renew...



As always, cardstock came first. Lots of white and kraft and then just two sheets of coloured card (it's getting harder and harder to use it on layouts these days).



Then I tried to pick out papers which either had the overriding colour, or a design feel of the original but without going the Christmas route. I found that my Echo Park, Everyday Eclectic had just the right amount of colour, geometric designs and playful feel to them for them to be the basis of the papers. Many of them were also double sided which gives such a great extension to the kit and makes it so much more versatile. As always, there's one or two really old ones in there hoping for an appearance on a real live page!



And the fun bit - the embellishments. I tried to match up the types of embellishments from the original, even if they look totally different - so pins, buttons, flowers, flairs, some veneer items, some kraft tags (rather than the banners), some frames that can be misted (rather than chipboard), ribbon, twine, bling mist, alphas and labels. I have a lot more of this stuff in my kit but you know how I love to load up the "pretty stuff"!




This is a perfect pick me up kit for the new year and I'm looking forward to breaking into it and getting going again after what feels like an age without any creating at all. Wish me luck to track down that mojo at the same time.

Here is the complete blog hop list in case you get lost along the way and off you go now down under to visit new forger Lisa J! Funny to have two Lisa's on the team now!! On a side note, I spent all my younger years being Lisa S rather than just Lisa and now I'm Lisa H instead - makes me smile!

You won't want to forget to leave me a comment to let me know you were here. You never know, it might be worth your while! *wink wink*

I'm feeling in a generous mood and would love to share a bit of love with you too. It's the perfect way to start the new year don't you think. :-)


Guest Designer: Madeleine Lopez http://senoritaml.wordpress.com/
Lisa H. http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/  ß you are here

So here's to a wonderful year full of fun, scrappy inspiration and wonderful counterfeiting friends!

Image found here
Happy kitting everyone.

31 comments:

  1. OH my gosh!! I LOVE this kit of yours! The papers are wonderful and the embellishments you've chosen are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Lisa (what a great 2012/13 image)

    Super counterfeiting to make a lush kit - I might try starting with cardstock one of these days and see what happens; I generally leave it out completely and pull what I need as and when - there are no rules right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful kit! can't wait to see your projects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year x

    Love the kit and your interpretation as well. Lovely to see a December kit thats not just Christmas colours and papers. Hope to join back in this month but will have to wait till the kids go back to2 school next week as just cant get anything done with them under my feet. Must use up my last 2 kits too as there are loads of things left in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous kit, Lisa! So elegant-love the soft colors! can't wait to see your projects this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting to me that you kit contains some items that I also have, and has items in it that I have never seen before. Glad you are back in the game. And thank you for the lovely Christmas card. One of my new year goals is to reach out, by snail mail, to all the friends and family members that wrote or sent cards in December. I used to do that every Feb. This is a good year to resurrect that habit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. renew is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see some familiar papers in there that I didn't even think of and they look great in your kit! Such a pretty kit. I tried starting with cardstock but it didn't work out and quickly got put aside so I went with my tried and true method...maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your version - I am in the same boat as to needing a jumpstart in my mojo, so I'm claiming some for both of us :~D Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice kit. I look forward to seeing what you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kit and the name you chose. "Renew" just sounds inspirational.
    And I can't wait to see some of those older papers on a "real life page" ha ha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kit is GORGEOUS as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Your kit is beautiful!!! Love the title and everything in it! Soooo looking forward to your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful kit that you put together...I'm curious now what you will create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous collection of goodies! Love the name of your kit...renew. Meanwhile, I am lingering with mine! Naming my kit is one of the many things I love about counterfeiting. So excited to be part of the team. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your kit. Looking so forward to seeing what you make.

    Have a Blessed week ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recognise that blue Basic Grey paper! And a lot of the newer papers besides! I love how you've put the whole kit together, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy new Year to you too. Your kit is fresh and I love renew as its name.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I love your kit. Especially the title, it's so perfect for this month. I'm jealous of your mini-jewels. All the colours are so uplifting! I can't wait to see your projects... x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year! I love your "pretties" pictures and all the items you picked. What are those white embossed frames in your final picture? I'll have to watch to see how you use them - They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job assembling your kit. The colors look great and it looks like it will be fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are such fresh and bright colours for this time of year and I love your word too. Looking forward to seeing this in action too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooooh ---What a beautiful, fun kit. I especially loved the SPARKLE! Your colours & the two bright cardstocks look gorgeous. WTG! Loved this concept, and your kit ( see some older basoc grey in there- ADORE IT!) and cannot wait to "KIT" my first CKC challenge kit! :) ~ Ali

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is really very interesting to see how each one of us got her inspriation to build a kit. Yours is a fab one! I just love all those embellishments on your kit.
    Enjoy working with it and a Happy (belatied) New Year!

    ReplyDelete

  25. Lovely goodies assembled here. What lovely things will you whip up now?

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is my first time trying the Counterfeit Kit challenge. I was told about it by my friend Keitha. Looks like fun, and I need a push back into scrapbooking.
    Thanks.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always love the names you give your kits this is another perfectly named one! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, I looooove your kit! I have some of these Everyday Eclectic papers, too, so can't wait to see what you do with them! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Howie! Love every single bit Lisa! Can I just roll around in your kit? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello lovely lady. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to visit - I've been such a bad blogger recently. Your kit looks amazing - and it looks as though you've been using it's deliciousness to full effect!

    Really hoping that this year brings you the renewal that you're hoping for xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. isn't is so funny that your kit does look like PI's??? Love that old papers get revitalized by us making kits! Who knew? Love the Pink Paislee frames and the ruler paper (drool)-great CK !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...