Sunday 31 May 2020

June 2020 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and hop

Welcome to June and this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge hop.

You should have reached me via Julene's blog here and next up is Tara. Of course, we also have an awesome Guest Designer too - Becca! - so make sure you drop by there and say hello. There's a full hop list at the end of the post in case you get lost along the way.

This month, MF Tara chose a kit by Clique Kits International called "Wonderful World" and it's gorgeous. 

Here's the main kit:


and the embellishments:


Here's my kit which I've named "Promise" inspired by the rainbow coloured paper design that was my starting point.


I know it doesn't look anything like the original but I was first inspired by the rainbow paper. I don't have any rainbows in my stash which was a bit disappointing but it reminded me of the Pinkfresh Studio "Just a Little Lovely" collection - both design and colour scheme - and I started from there.


I picked out two sheets from that collection and then turned to Crate Paper for the large spots and mustard tones as well as a floral. From there I moved on to the Echo Park "Let's Travel" and Carta Bella "Summer Market" for some shades and designs that reminded me of the original even though in total, we seem to have moved away somewhat from the colour of the Clique Kits selection.


I wanted a selection of papers that are versatile but retain the spirit of the lighter shades and designs from the original. A more hopeful collection of product to scrap some happy pages. The rainbow design reminded me of the rainbows of hope at the moment and the name "Promise" seemed appropriate.


For the embellishments, I started off with lots of butterflies, labels, tags and flowers from my miscellaneous collection - matching the motifs of the original. I also threw in some cameras because the original has a few of those with the suitcase and travel side of the selection.


I added in a bunch of very used up black alphas but then included some other random, differently-sized older letter sheets too in the hope that I can use them up!

I threw in some puffy stickers from the Summer Market collection, some hearts to match the original kit and a pack of butterflies which would be good to use up.


Last but not least, I included the die-cuts and enamel dots from the Let's Travel collection to give me some variety and to pick up the tags and suitcase theme from the inspiration kit.


It's another big kit which is worrying to be honest as I'm just not creating as much as I have done in the past. But you might have missed the fact that we have an addition to the the family :-) No doubt I'll be making a page - or ten - about her arrival so maybe I'll be inspired to get some more creating done!



Here's the full hop incase you get lost along the way - make sure you say hello to everyone. You don't want to miss out!


We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjune2020).

9 comments:

  1. Great kit Lisa. The promise paper is extra special, I hope you can use it well. Lots of yummy embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix ma5ch of papers you have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa: I love the bold color direction and using the rainbow motif to anchor your June kit!!! Gorgeous selections and so much to create with! You've got so much potential to put together lots of clustered embellishments...I'm jealous! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She is adorable. Take lots of puppy pictures. They grow up faster than human babies.

    Grand kit! Promise is a very appropriate name for a rainbow inspiration. You probably know the story in Genisus. God sends a rainbow after the great flood to promise Noah that he will never do that again. Sometime, do you think maybe, (s)He regrets making that vow? The suitcase paper caught my eye. You will have no problem using that one. How do you decide if an alpha set is done? I have a very hard time pronouncing the ends of a set as dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kit has lots of variety - I hope you enjoy it. And she's too cute. Following her antics on Instagram. If you scrapbook her enough, maybe hubs will get jealous and let you start showcasing pics of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kit with a beautiful name too :) Awwwww and she's a cutie too, I can see the pages flowing very soon with her being the main subject and then there is the traveling you do too with those vacation ephemera that will get use too I expect

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore your papers in this kit! I like that they are different from the ones in the original kit! Great colors too! You have lots of lovely embellishments! I hope the puppy lets you get some scrapbooking done too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Kit. Lots of scrappy goodness here. Such a sweet scrapping buddy.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy kit - a great antidote to the current times. I wondered if Mabel would feature predominantly in June's projects! Summertime pursuits will be fair game for this voluptuously coloured kit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...