Thursday 11 June 2020

June 2020 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - Wonderful world!

Here today to talk about the Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1, set by MF Tara who has challenged us today to think about what a wonderful world this is.


"Create a layout about the wonderful world that you live in.  This could be a layout about the beauty of the natural world.  You could create a layout about the world you created-home, work, etc.  Let your creative juices flow!"

What a great challenge at this time of uncertainty, disquiet and concern.

I knew what I would talk about right away when I sat down to scrapbook - which is not happening often enough right now tbh.

Last month, after many, many years of debate on the subject, we added to our tiny family unit of 2 and brought Mabel into our life. I can't tell you how happy we are. I know that I want to give her her own album or at least set of stories so this was a great place to start.

Turning to my June Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, Promise - see original reveal post here - I decided that this layout was worthy of the fabulous Pinkfresh Studio rainbow design and started from there. It didn't feel like it needed a lot of embellishment as it already has all the colours, the word art and even ink splats.


I added some extra work stickers, a couple of puffy stickers, a scatter of tiny butterflies and a couple of layers around the photo. I wanted to keep as much of the top design element of the paper uncovered as possible so I didn't really add much more to the photo block.

Oh my! Look how tiny she is! Three weeks later, I can tell you that even though she's still "small", she's "huge" in comparison to this photo!


My title is so very true.


A small cluster at the top of the page just to add some dimension and variety.


Couldn't resist adding some leftover die cut hearts from a previous project. To be open, I added in the Pinkfresch puffy stickers and word elements to my CKC kit just to add in some different textures and styles.


So there we have it, the first in what is sure to be many layouts about Mabel who has come into our lives at just the right moment. We are in love 💗.

Don't forget that there are other takes on this uplifting prompt over at the CKC blog today and more up throughout the rest of the month. You can find all the info over on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable, and this layout is lovely and expressive of your joy of having her.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...