Wednesday 1 July 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal and hop

Can you believe that it's July already? Half the year over and what a year 2020 is proving to be.

But here we are with another new month and a wonderful new Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit to get your creative juices flowing!

You should have arrived here via Leslie's creative blog and next up is sweet Lori. A full hop list is at the end of the post so you don't miss out on any of the inspiration and as always, we have a simply wonderful Guest Designer - Jess! We are delighted to have her back with us again with her hugely inspirational creative talents!

MF Clair picked out a great kit this month and totally out of our usual style which I totally love! It's all the more challenging and let's face it, the kit is really gorgeous so I couldn't wait to get going.

Our inspiration this month is the ever-so-stylish Garden Party' Kits from Sahin Designs - digital and simple and just beautiful!




You can find the details over at these links 

I made a list of the colours, patterns and motifs in the kit and decided to go mostly vintage BasicGrey because I was totally reminded of their designs and a lot of their simpler collections were also quite monochromatic.

I've decided to call my kit, Classic!


This is a big kit and I'm sure that I won't use it all up as I tend to need more colours and variety. But I can definitely imagine a handful of pages and some cards or maybe even a PL spread. 

Here are the papers - the first two rows are all BG and then I was reminded of the My Mind's Eye collection that I got in both the grey/silver and red/glitter combinations and decided to throw in everything I have in the grey range. Ah! That makes me happy to see these really older designs seeing the light of day!




Added to this, I decided to include a bunch of BG alphabets - I have a huge pile of these and they are just not getting used up and are bound to be losing their stickiness too. I included everything I thought would match the papers and started to include the hint of green and pink that can be seen in the original embellishment elements.


From there I went though all my older embellishments and found tags, tickets, ribbons, washi tape, flowers, leaves, labels, word stickers, die cuts, brads and whole bag of random bits and pieces that must be 10 or 12 years old. There is absolutely nothing in this kit that is new as far as I can see - the newest are four die cuts left over from a Scrapabilly kit from a couple of years ago! Many or maybe even most of the items are over 10 years old and I'm really curious to see how up to date I can make them all look on a page. A great challenge for myself. I love it!

I have many items in the kit which were gifted to me by happy, scrappy friends - both in real life and online. I hope I can make them proud to get these items onto creative projects.


I still love flowers but the dimension puts me off these date. Cards maybe?


So there you have it. A very simple if full kit full of all the shades and shapes of the original with my beloved BasicGrey as the star of the show. Perfect for me and perfect for some inspiration to scrap. My puppy is taking up so much of my time that I just don't have much left over for creatively. Let's see if I can change all that this month!



Here's the full list for this month's hop. Please drop by and say hello to each of them - I can't wait to see how they've interpreted this awesome kit! Thanks Clair for this month's challenge!



We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2020).

9 comments:

  1. Okay, so if you don't use all of the kit this month, feel free to send the leftovers on to me. It's beautiful and I'm so happy that you were inspired to find all of that lovely (old) Basic Grey stash that really deserves to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee you've included so much there but I love it all. (Can't go wrong with BG) Such a great kit to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore Basic Grey too and miss them so much! I have some of those BG papers in my stash as well. Good choice for this month! MME is my all time favorite manufacturer so I was excited to see those papers in your kit as well! Your kit is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous kit, Lisa. Love the papers dark and ight of the same patterns Beautiful tags,flowers and washing. Have fun.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your kit. Those papers & the flowers are beautiful. I like all your litle bits in the last two pictures, too. All so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kit Lisa and the perfect name too :) I so wish I was scrapping way back when Basic Grey was going to have those beautiful papers in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised to see there was only 1 floral paper there, but then you put my mind at ease with the floral embellishments. Nicely done - very classic, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at BG (you knew that, didn't you?)I so miss great patterned paper! Might have to bust some BG out next month... just sayin'... I might make a summer headband with those flowers? Pat Mabel for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa: Your copy-cat kit is absolutely stunning! Massive! Love all your neutrals prints!!! Hope you're finding time to document your adventures with the puppy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...