Wednesday 16 February 2011

No Red?

LOAD is keeping me really busy and I am loving every minute of it - will post some more of my layouts soon - but this evening, I managed to pull together a little card to keep up with the Jingle Belles Christmas card challenge.

My small growing pile of cards is keeping me motivated and the idea of all that work avoided at the end of the year - such a good feeling!

This week's challenge #7 was "No Red, she said" - so anything goes except the traditional colour red.

We are so lucky that there are so many gorgeous papers and Christmas products that come in modern colours and designs, so I picked through my supplies and decided to go all the way on the non-traditional scale as far as colour goes. An ice glittered snowflakes makes it a bit more festive!


Thanks Jingle Belles for such great challenges and such a great idea! I'm so loving it!

12 comments:

  1. I love this card, this one is my fave so far,great colour choice.
    I've just looked at your other posts,your valentine card is gorgeous and so many beautiful LO's especially like the button tree.
    deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ♥WOW♥ miss lisa, this is a SHOW-STOPPER of a card and no there's no mistaking it! seriously dramatic...seriously gorgeous... i am ♥IN LOVE♥ with this amazing bit of papercrafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love your paper choice so much & is that tissue tape I spy with the music notes on it? (♥♥LOVE♥♥ that stuff!!!)

    Your off white glittery snowflake is just the perfect detail for your card. Really, really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that musical tissue tape ... and that big glittery flakes just plain rocks ... so glad you're having fun building up your holiday card stash ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant! Love this colour choice ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colour comnibation - so elegant. Though you do red (eg in your blog header) so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. I'm mad about anything with music notes - this is dramatic without being fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, the Nestie set I used was Label 14, the matching stamp set is by Waltzing Mouse Holiday Label 14 and Compliments of the Season. Here's the link for the stamps.

    http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply adore this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Lisa, the snowflake is gorgeous.

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Lisa! I'm getting jealous of your pile... I really think this is a great idea, but I think JYC killed my desire to make anything related to Christmas right now! LOL! PS you asked about my cookbook "Joy of Cooking" - it is an American book by Irma Rombauer. I have the 1997 Edition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I love that it's just black & white. Every time I see your cards, it makes me want to do the challenges too...just haven't worked it in my schedule. I know I'll probably regret it come Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...