Saturday 5 February 2011

One Little Word 2011

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" 


Mary Manin Morrissey

New year, new word. 

For the 5th time, at the end of 2010 and for the first week or so of 2011, I concentrated on finding a word that meant something special to me. 

Something that I want to work on this year. 

Some part of me that needs improvement. 

Something that represents what I want this year to be for me and for us.

The word that suddenly appeared to me after a few false starts is: RELEASE.

There are so many ins and outs and different meanings to this word and that is what makes it perfect. I want it all. It won't be an easy word to keep in mind as I often function in exactly the opposite way to this - I'm a Scorpio after all ;-) who never forgets a slight or a grudge and is über-secretive. But it's an opportunity for me to try a new way. 

And that is exactly what OLW is all about.

To mark my new word, there is of course, a new layout which I completed this week as part of LOAD (more on that in a day or two). Please excuse the poor photo but all my scrapping is happening in the evenings right now and that means evening, electric light photos producing rather grotty results! I am hoping to use the daylight tomorrow to retake the LOAD layout photos so far to post here on my blog but this will have to do for now.


For us scrapbookers, Ali Edwards kicked off this One Little Word movement and for those of you who are interested in finding out more a, you can link to Ali Edwards blog (here) where she explains how it all started. She also has a year long class over at BPC this year (here) relating to OLW which I hear is very good and so inspirational.

My previous posts for my words can be found here (20072009, 2010) and some years have definitely been more successful than others. 2010 was a bit of a disaster as far as "Ahead" goes, but another year, another chance!

Do you have a word? What are you doing to keep it fresh and alive?

6 comments:

  1. No one has ever accused a Scorpio of being boring, have they? At least not in my experience. Interesting word you've chosen, I'll be wondering where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I get our connection, lol! You're a Scorpio! I'm a cusp, Taurus & Aries, but the opposite of Scorpio. My husband is a Scorpio and my oldest daughter too. I totally know what you mean about the grudge thing. I have to keep telling my husband just to move on, forgive and forget, and release that frustration (hate, anger, etc).

    I've never participated in OLW, but I was intrigued by it this year and chose the word calm. I need to stay grounded, keep calm and not let little things, or big things for that matter, get me going.

    I agree with S, Scorpios are definitely not boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page! It is amazing. I am having a blast with LOAD. I can't believe I have kept up...I know only day five, but still! I got a double page lo, finished another lo that has been sitting forever and add pic and final embellishments to a mini book that is a gift for my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word and what a fabulous quote, I think I need to take that on board a bit more.
    I love how you have scrapbooked this word,your LO is stunning this style suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:14 pm

    how odd - second time i've read this quote today! lovely layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. release, i like that. looking forward to hearing how your word helps you through the year

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...