Tuesday 25 October 2011

Softly falling snow

It's been a long, long time since I posted twice in one day but I just made my Jingle Belles card for this week and wanted to put it up a day earlier than usual as I have a special blog post for tomorrow.

So, I'll keep this short and sweet.

This week's prompt comes from Noelle McAdams over at Paper & ICE. When she thinks of winter, she is reminded of all "softly falling snow, snuggly sweaters and socks, mittens, down parkas, warm, soft cookies and coziness in general." And the idea of setting us a soft Christmas card challenge sprang to mind.

I was looking around on Saturday and picked up some felt thinking I might cut something out and get all crafty, when my eyes alighted on a snowflake hanger made of heavy grey felt. And I knew what I wanted to do. Make a card with this element hanging off it so that the recipient can use it on their own tree or as a present tag. I know that I'd love to receive something like this so why not others?

I simply tied the hanger onto the top of the card using cream twine. Simple. I used a CPS sketch #241


I added a small sentiment underneath the snowflake so the card wouldn't look too bare once it was removed.
I'm sure I now have more cards than I need for this year. One less thing to worry about :-)

7 comments:

  1. OH wow wow wow, this just melt my heart, love the DP you pick out, so beautiful, and that snowflakes, oh my, that is what I would called SOFT!!!! Truly an amazing creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, that is an awesome idea! I love that snowflake and how you arranged it on the card, it looks fantastic! Plus the papers you used look wonderful with it! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gift + Card = bonus ... love the double purpose for that great *soft* element ... PS ... if you have extra holiday cards, you can always send one to me :) or to your local nursing home, or soldiers, or a myriad of people who would love some holiday mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lisa, this is just FABULOUS!! I really love the combo of colors and textures you have going on here! And you're right... this would be a PERFECT little gift to give to a friend. LOVE it, thanks so much for playing my prompt at Jingle Belles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and an awesome idea! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooooooh! now that is as clever as it is gorgeous and a *BRILLIANT* take on the "softly" prompt! well done you, all round!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea, and perfectly exectued, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...