Thursday 27 October 2011

It's that time of the month again

No! Not *that time of the month ;-)


Rather, time for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop.

If you have just landed here, you might want to go back to our über-talented Guest Designer Kerri who kicks off the hop. And if you arrived via Kim, you are on the right track and at the end of my post, you can see a full list of the hoppers and your next stop, which will be Margie.


Happy hopping.


Our challenge this month was to dress up some stickers on our projects in honour of Halloween which is now just a few short days away. What will you be? Let me know in the comments as I'm collecting ideas for costumes for future spooky days to come ;-)



Anyway, our official remit was to alter some stickers and use them in an unexpected was on our project. Not as easy as it appears at first!

I decided to break out the Halloween kit I'd made this month, Schrecklich, and pretty up some of the CC stickers I had in there. Nothing ground breaking but adding a bit of glitter to the candy and stickles to the banner and the bat meant that the stickers were much more "me". Let's face it, glitter anything and it's instantly more "me" ;-)

I transformed the bat and the matching banner to a card and the candy found its way onto a layout featuring some of the pretty decorations I made for myself last year. 


However, I did do one little thing on my layout which means that you won't even see my stickers on there! I made a title using the stickers as a mask. Black cardstock brushed over with some Stampin' Up Whisper White gives it a *bit* of a spooky look. This would have looked great with a white mist too but unfortunately I don't have one ;-( (adding it to my shopping list while I write!).





What will you do with your stickers? Do you use stickers a lot? Or more like me and just add them from time to time? 

With that, thanks for stopping by and I will send you on your spooky way to Margie and the rest of the team. 

Here's the full list:



Guest Designer - Kerri 
Helen 
Jemma 
Jen 
Jessica 
Julie Ann 
Kim 
Lisa - you are here
Margie  - this is your next stop
Milissa 
Rebecca 
Susanne



One last thing: 

This month's sponsor over at CKC is Momenta. You can see their productshere, their YouTube channel here, and their great blog here.

In order to be eligible for their prize package for this month, all you need to do is:
  1. LIKE them on their facebook page (making sure you comment on their page to let them know that CKC sent you! )
  2. Send an email to CKC to let them know that you did this.
  3. Send a friend over too. You'll get an extra entry for each friend who also likes their page, comments on it and let's CKC know that YOU sent them!
Again, happy hopping!

14 comments:

  1. I love the mask idea! I have a cream mist and it doesn't show up on nearly as many things as I thought it would. I need to buy white too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the sentiment LOL! The sticker masking on black is really effective too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:43 am

    You can't go wrong with glitter (well I can - I always seem to smudge stickles!) The masking looks great - it's really effective, like a foggy night. Now I want ink pads AND mists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you blinged up your stickers. Such a fun way to alter them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sticker mask. Great idea for when you can't find that perfect color or are short a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the masking idea! I always try to find masks in different ways, but I never think of the obvious - stickers! LOL! And never underestimate the power of simple - adding the stickles to your sticker sentiment really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool idea with the masking of letters. It turned out fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, your page is so pretty - the colors are fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow your masked title turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all that layering on your LO and great idea with the 'mist'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea, I love making things more spooky!!!! And of course, I love glitter!!!!! Beautiful photos in your layout, yum!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, adding stickles to anything makes it more wow! I love your fun Halloween page and gorgeous fall page! The photos are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout and card!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, this is gorgeous! LOVE the masking technique, and what a great way to use up old letters! Already a fan of your work, but I'm a follower now, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...