Saturday 11 February 2012

Such a great combination

You might have realised that I've gone quiet the last couple of weeks which means that I'm busy doing something that's taking up a lot of my time! Well, as it's February, that would be LOAD!

So far, 9 days in and I've created every day although some days are definitely more difficult than others. But one thing that's helping is the combination of the daily prompts from Lain - this month focussing on our stories from the past - and my Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits. It helps that I have kits ready to go with a mix of newer and older products that I love. I grab a kit (I have a few which are not really quite finished) and off I go.

So today, I just thought I'd share a layout I created using my January "Resolve" kit.

At first, I was skeptical about whether I'd want to follow the prompts which are all helping us to dig up those stories from our recent or distant past, but I've found that each day had brought up a lot of happy memories from eras (60s, 70s, 80s!) that haven't really featured all that much on my pages and that I've wanted to capture.

January "Resolve" kit - layout #4



A layout featuring a photo from my 18th birthday which seems a lifetime ago (well, I suppose it is!) made for the prompt "Who Am I Now?". A bit introspective to cover up the fact that I have serous hair envy - can one actually be envious of one's previous self? Hard to imagine that just 6 months later I chopped it all off to my shoulders when I went off to France. What was I thinking!?

I think that the only thing I added in for this was the fabric brad and the twine but I add twine onto almost every layout so it's a bit of a staple product that I don't put separately in my kits.

More soon...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:17 am

    Wow - that's a great photo of your glamorous younger self! Lovely page and I am definitely going to be doing those glitter splats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving even more than usual your last few LO's. Love the way you are scrapping old photos that would normally be left in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous hair! and a wonderful page. I'm kind of sorry I didn't join in this time round - I think I would have some fun with those prompts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hair, gorgeous pose and gorgeous outfit!

    Loving these older photos - remembering the '80s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC layout!! I love the doilies, the splattering and the flags-totally want to lift it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...